LG G3 or Nexus 5x..which one to buy?

donutss

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Im a current nexus 4 user looking to upgrade my phone. Thinking of getting lg g3 since its cheaper now or just get the newer 5x since ive had great experience with the nexus 4.
To ppl who had used the g3 or still using it and now has 5x, which one is better overall. Which one has better camera and battery life?

Thx

Last edited:

pursuit2550

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I thought about getting the LG G3 because I use to have one and of the price drop, but them I googled LG G3 problems. Didnt like what I saw. With recent updates the phone has gotten worse. And LG doesnt know when MM will come to it and if it will fix the issues it currently has. I for one dont put to much thought in the camera. Mostly all mid to high end phones have good cameras. If I want good picture I will use my DSLR. From what i remember battery life was good, but then again I am not on my phone 24/7. I would get the 5X just because its new and will have updates for 2 years from now.

bbnsol

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I had the G3 and I've now got the 5X.

I wouldn't even be considering the G3 now. My experiences with it were: great screen to look at but the brightness couldn't be sustained for very long without it getting too hot and going darker and darker. The UI was really laggy and it started to irritate me when it took a while to open apps and move around the screens and battery life was really average.

The Nexus 5X however seems really smooth and quick, the fingerprint sensor is great, the camera is good and the battery life seems OK. You also get the benefit of regular security updates and being among the first for new Firmware releases.

I must say I did like the camera on the G3 though.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I tried the G3 when it came out and hated it. It was a lag monster and it had a weird halo effect around the text to help artificially make the screen more crisp. Well it didn't work, it looked like absolute crap... but hey, maybe they've fixed these issues by now? I did love the form factor and how it felt in hand. But LG software (even ask the G4 camp) is known for slowing down and lagging over time (much like Samsung's overlay). In the end, it's probably not a bad buy if you can put up with some software "issues" and not get timely updates. I'm sure LG will be very slow to roll out updates to the G3 now that it has the G4 and V10 as flagships.

Last edited:

SeanFL

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Had the G3 and it's a fine phone. But still felt a little too big after using for a bit. I switched to the Galaxy S6. It's been fine, but does have the lag issue. Pure Android should solve most of that so I'm looking forward to getting the 5X tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol