I've had my 5x for a couple days now... love most aspects of it but I've been experiencing some weirdness. I usually keep my phone on vibrate 99% of the time. But for whatever reason, my 5x keeps resetting the volume to be back on. At first I thought I was maybe hitting the volume buttons when I pulled it out of my pocket, but I put it on vibrate, set it on my desk, and several minutes later it started making noise when I got notifications. Since I don't want it doing that at work, I figured I'd put it in Do Not Disturb mode. But it ended that as well after several minutes and started playing notifications again.
    10-23-2015 10:36 AM
    I've had my 5x for a couple days now... love most aspects of it but I've been experiencing some weirdness. I usually keep my phone on vibrate 99% of the time. But for whatever reason, my 5x keeps resetting the volume to be back on. At first I thought I was maybe hitting the volume buttons when I pulled it out of my pocket, but I put it on vibrate, set it on my desk, and several minutes later it started making noise when I got notifications. Since I don't want it doing that at work, I figured I'd put it in Do Not Disturb mode. But it ended that as well after several minutes and started playing notifications again.
    Ouch. That would really suck under certain situations...

Does this happen in safe mode too? If it were an issue that affected everyone, I think we would have heard more about it, no? Maybe some other app is causing it to reset?
    10-23-2015 10:48 AM
    After more exploring... it does seem to be an app I have installed. Whenever I hit the back button within the app, it resets my volume. I'm not sure how this should be possible... but I can reproduce this behavior every time.
    10-23-2015 11:33 AM
    After more exploring... it does seem to be an app I have installed. Whenever I hit the back button within the app, it resets my volume. I'm not sure how this should be possible... but I can reproduce this behavior every time.
    What app does that? That's annoying.
    10-25-2015 09:04 AM
    What app does that? That's annoying.
    Bump on this issue - would really like to know what you believe the culprit app is since I too have the same issue.
    11-19-2015 03:16 PM