Browser?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Which browser is everyone using? I'm using Chrome beta but I'm wondering if there's a better option out there? I've heard Chrome is a real battery hog in laptops, so is the same true on Android phones?

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm just using chrome. So smooth for me. Chrome on my GS6 lagged like a beast. I love it on the 5x. The reason I use chrome is because I use it on my work computer and home computer, so recent tabs, bookmarks, passwords are all synced.

Posted via my 5x

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Chrome on my Note 5 and on Monday I don't see a need to switch. Love looking things up and saving tabs at work and then it's synced to my phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I use Dolphin . . . occassionally pages don't render correctly. Then I use Chrome or FireFox (50/50; I don't favor either one).

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyway to ad block on Chrome without rooting? I get the worse one on AC. It's this box in the middle at the bottom with an X that you can't click so it opens the ad. So annoying.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyway to ad block on Chrome without rooting? I get the worse one on AC. It's this box in the middle at the bottom with an X that you can't click so it opens the ad. So annoying.

I've stopped using AC in Chrome (was too laggy on my GS6, haven't tried with my 5x). But I just use the AC app that's in the play store. A much better experience and browsing the forums is really easy.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I've stopped using AC in Chrome (was too laggy on my GS6, haven't tried with my 5x). But I just use the AC app that's in the play store. A much better experience and browsing the forums is really easy.

I'll give it another try. I tried once but I remember not liking it for some reason.

anon(4297498)

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
"Ghostery is fast, good ad blocking, and works well with N5X."

It's a nice browser--I just don't trust that Evidon is not selling our info to the highest bidder. Also, is it abandonware? The browser hasn't been updated since April.

neu smurph

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Adguard - its a local VPN ad blocker so does not need root and the free version blocks on the Browser only.

Agreed that ACs ads are some of the most obnoxiously intrusive out there. Your losing revenue boys and gals......

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae