11-14-2015 12:24 AM
54 123
tools
    Saw that one coming! It's a beastly phone for sure.
    It is, although I will say if there was no 5X I would have probably found a way to make it work if the 6P was my only option. More than I could have done with the whale Nexus 6 from last year. Either way I am happy with my 5X, especially with Google sending me a replacement phone to address the loose power button.
    11-03-2015 08:20 AM
    Well I am the opposite. I am considering the 5x. I'm using the 6p now to type this and absolutely love everything about it except when I want to put it in my front pocket. Just barely fits and is not comfortable at all. I ordered a 5x today which should be here tomorrow. One will have to go back. Will have to wait and see.

BTW I'm coming from a Moto X 2013.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-03-2015 02:07 PM
    I'm currently on a Moto X 2014 (personal) and a Droid Turbo 2 (work). My 5x is on the way to replace my Moto X 2014 so we'll see how that goes. I chose the 5x because I want a small-ish phone, and I cannot for the life of me get over how ugly the camera bar is on the 6p.

If there hadn't been the 5x as a smaller option, I would not have considered Nexus at all.
    11-03-2015 02:48 PM
    I'm currently on a Moto X 2014 (personal) and a Droid Turbo 2 (work). My 5x is on the way to replace my Moto X 2014 so we'll see how that goes. I chose the 5x because I want a small-ish phone, and I cannot for the life of me get over how ugly the camera bar is on the 6p.

If there hadn't been the 5x as a smaller option, I would not have considered Nexus at all.
    I owned the 6P and the "visor" looks much better in person than people think. The only reason I didn't keep it was size.
    11-03-2015 04:16 PM

I came from the Moto x 2014 and the 5x is taller but slightly narrower. The Moto x actually feels more compact and easier to reach to notifications on the top. However the narrow body and flat back on the 5x is a welcome for sure.
    11-03-2015 05:03 PM
    I owned the 6P and the "visor" looks much better in person than people think. The only reason I didn't keep it was size.
    I don't know. All the photos that have been taken of it still don't charm me. I could probably deal with 5.7", as I've owned a Galaxy Note 2 before, but not with that "visor" or "camera bar".

I came from the Moto x 2014 and the 5x is taller but slightly narrower. The Moto x actually feels more compact and easier to reach to notifications on the top. However the narrow body and flat back on the 5x is a welcome for sure.
    Interesting. I thought the curved back on the Moto X was nice and makes it fit my small palm better. I'll try out the 5x and see.

I think my biggest worry is the lack of Moto features that I have definitely gotten VERY used to.
    11-03-2015 05:44 PM
    I don't know. All the photos that have been taken of it still don't charm me. I could probably deal with 5.7", as I've owned a Galaxy Note 2 before, but not with that "visor" or "camera bar".

Interesting. I thought the curved back on the Moto X was nice and makes it fit my small palm better. I'll try out the 5x and see.

I think my biggest worry is the lack of Moto features that I have definitely gotten VERY used to.
    Another thing is the edge to edge glass of the Moto x feels good whereas there's a lip on the 5x. You get used to it but it's a downgrade in my opinion.

Ideally it would be nice to have smaller chins on the 5x but I suppose the battery has to take up some room.

The main reason why I'm keeping my 5x is for the camera. It is that good.
    11-03-2015 06:39 PM
    Well I am the opposite. I am considering the 5x. I'm using the 6p now to type this and absolutely love everything about it except when I want to put it in my front pocket. Just barely fits and is not comfortable at all. I ordered a 5x today which should be here tomorrow. One will have to go back. Will have to wait and see.

BTW I'm coming from a Moto X 2013.

Well I lasted less than 10 minutes with the 5x. Display is just not at all good enough. I swear my 2013 Moto X looks better. Plus I get more and more comfortable with the larger size every day. Probably could/would have made it work if I got the 5x firs.

11-04-2015 01:13 PM
    Well I lasted less than 10 minutes with the 5x. Display is just not at all good enough. I swear my 2013 Moto X looks better. Plus I get more and more comfortable with the larger size every day. Probably could/would have made it work if I got the 5x firs.

I have moto x 2013 aswell but the display looks terrible compared to 5x.

I have G4 too but I actually prefer the display of 5x.
    11-04-2015 02:18 PM
    I have moto x 2013 aswell but the display looks terrible compared to 5x.

I have G4 too but I actually prefer the display of 5x.
    Maybe I got a defect or something. Whites are very yellow and everything else is very flat. My Moto X looks a lot better.

11-04-2015 02:30 PM
    Maybe I got a defect or something. Whites are very yellow and everything else is very flat. My Moto X looks a lot better.

There were some complaints about yellow displays. Contact Google.
    11-04-2015 02:30 PM

Yes definitely contact Google. I noticed the yellow screen at first but figured I would get used to it and then a coworker of mine got a 5X with a good screen and the difference was so huge side by side. I contacted Google and they were aware of the issue and a new one will be here tomorrow. Apparently it's an issue with a lot of the September build date 5X's.
    11-04-2015 02:35 PM
    I'm also returning my 5x for the 6P. Ordered the 32GB Aluminum version today. Can't wait for it to arrive.

11-07-2015 04:05 PM
    I'm also returning my 5x for the 6P. Ordered the 32GB Aluminum version today. Can't wait for it to arrive.

I did the same thing. Returned my 5X and bought the 6P, couldn't be happier. 6P to me is better in every single way.
    11-08-2015 09:15 AM
    Not to mention the reception on the 6P is light years better than the 5X was.
    11-08-2015 09:15 AM
    Can you elaborate on how/why it's better? My 5x gets good reception.
    11-08-2015 11:20 AM
    Can you elaborate on how/why it's better? My 5x gets good reception.
    Reception wise it holds a better and stronger signal in weak areas. From what I've used. Build is better, display is better and brighter, overall moving around the OS is snappier. FFC is sharper and clearer. Even rear facing camera, to me, seems a bit sharper. Maybe it's the EIS? Front firing dual stereo speakers on 6P are louder and clearer than the 5X's single front speaker.
    11-08-2015 11:34 AM
    Reception was just a small reason for my switch. Pound for pound there is nothing the 5X does better or even really equal to the 6P and ultimately it's what's made up my mind.
    11-08-2015 11:37 AM
    Can you say more - is this based on db and asu figures in same locations or bars in the notification bar?

After my GS6 Edge the Nexus 5x is much better for me. I had real trouble loading data with the GS6. One went back and the replacement was better but not great - even though bars were OK!
    11-08-2015 12:32 PM
    My G4 has only 3 bars of wifi connection while my 5x has 5
    11-08-2015 12:59 PM
    Can you say more - is this based on db and asu figures in same locations or bars in the notification bar?

After my GS6 Edge the Nexus 5x is much better for me. I had real trouble loading data with the GS6. One went back and the replacement was better but not great - even though bars were OK!
    It's based on me not being able to make a call with the 5x and being able to complete call with 6P in same location. A known dead zone by me.
    11-08-2015 01:10 PM
    Bars mean nothing.
    11-08-2015 01:11 PM
    I'm still debating between the two. Have a 128gb 6P Graphite on order but the OG Nexus 5 was my favorite phone of all time so this has some nostalgic love behind it for me. But it seems like the 6P is just the overall better phone. If they had a 64gb 5X I think I would have definitely gone that route.
    11-09-2015 10:27 AM
    So I finally got my 6P. I said when I started this thread that if I couldn't use it without a case, it would be too big and I would send it back. I have changed my tune (for now). I really like almost everything about the 6P, but it is really just too slick in everyday use. I am looking at slim cases now.

I seem to have gotten one with perfect build quality (referring to the issues some others are having), so I feel like my 6P karma is off to a good start. I'm going to use it for a while and see if I get used to it even with a slim case.

The overall performance and quality of the 6P is much greater than the cost difference of the 5X. It's jsut a way better value. They need to be selling the 32G 5X at the 16G price.

My final thought is that the 5X just isn't that much smaller than the 6P and it just isn't as grippy as the original 5.
    11-11-2015 04:37 PM
    Im actually the opposite I love the 6P but sent it back because it was way too big for me my 5X is on the way I hope it works out better.
    11-11-2015 05:32 PM
54 123