5X is going back, 6P is on its way

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I was gonna buy the 6p but its too big for me so I bought the 5x and im very happy with my decision. I do believe that next year, google will only release 1 premium nexus but with 2 different sizes. Just like the iphone 6 / 6 plus.

Posted via the Android Central App

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I was gonna buy the 6p but its too big for me so I bought the 5x and im very happy with my decision. I do believe that next year, google will only release 1 premium nexus but with 2 different sizes. Just like the iphone 6 / 6 plus.

Actually, I was thinking they will go back to only offering one nexus phone/one size, just a feeling I have...

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I really with they had just cloned the 6p and made the 5x a smaller 6p. I just don't want anything that big in my pocket. 5"-5.2" is my sweet spot.

yes! I got my 6p yesterday and I think I'm going to send it back. It is a beautiful phone and has a nice feel, but it is too big and heavy compared to the 5x I've been using for 1+ week. In fact, I absolutely love how the 5x feels in hand and now mainly, it's the weight! I love how light this 5x is! (compared to my GS6 and esp compared to the 6p!).

Visual Phone Size Comparison

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I just got my 6P and I can already tell this is going to be a struggle. First off the phone looks and feels amazing. Also the performance is noticeably snappier than the 5X but damn between the size and especially the weight I really don't think this experiment is going to work for me. Not the end of the world as I do like my 5X aside from the loose power button which apparently is fairly common although something I will get Google to fix if I decide to stick with the 5X.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I just got my 6P and I can already tell this is going to be a struggle. First off the phone looks and feels amazing. Also the performance is noticeably snappier than the 5X but damn between the size and especially the weight I really don't think this experiment is going to work for me. Not the end of the world as I do like my 5X aside from the loose power button which apparently is fairly common although something I will get Google to fix if I decide to stick with the 5X.
Saw that one coming! It's a beastly phone for sure.

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Saw that one coming! It's a beastly phone for sure.

It is, although I will say if there was no 5X I would have probably found a way to make it work if the 6P was my only option. More than I could have done with the whale Nexus 6 from last year. Either way I am happy with my 5X, especially with Google sending me a replacement phone to address the loose power button.

Onexuso

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Well I am the opposite. I am considering the 5x. I'm using the 6p now to type this and absolutely love everything about it except when I want to put it in my front pocket. Just barely fits and is not comfortable at all. I ordered a 5x today which should be here tomorrow. One will have to go back. Will have to wait and see.

BTW I'm coming from a Moto X 2013.

strawbee

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm currently on a Moto X 2014 (personal) and a Droid Turbo 2 (work). My 5x is on the way to replace my Moto X 2014 so we'll see how that goes. I chose the 5x because I want a small-ish phone, and I cannot for the life of me get over how ugly the camera bar is on the 6p.

If there hadn't been the 5x as a smaller option, I would not have considered Nexus at all.

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently on a Moto X 2014 (personal) and a Droid Turbo 2 (work). My 5x is on the way to replace my Moto X 2014 so we'll see how that goes. I chose the 5x because I want a small-ish phone, and I cannot for the life of me get over how ugly the camera bar is on the 6p.

If there hadn't been the 5x as a smaller option, I would not have considered Nexus at all.

I owned the 6P and the "visor" looks much better in person than people think. The only reason I didn't keep it was size.

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I came from the Moto x 2014 and the 5x is taller but slightly narrower. The Moto x actually feels more compact and easier to reach to notifications on the top. However the narrow body and flat back on the 5x is a welcome for sure.

strawbee

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
I owned the 6P and the "visor" looks much better in person than people think. The only reason I didn't keep it was size.
I don't know. All the photos that have been taken of it still don't charm me. I could probably deal with 5.7", as I've owned a Galaxy Note 2 before, but not with that "visor" or "camera bar".

I came from the Moto x 2014 and the 5x is taller but slightly narrower. The Moto x actually feels more compact and easier to reach to notifications on the top. However the narrow body and flat back on the 5x is a welcome for sure.
Interesting. I thought the curved back on the Moto X was nice and makes it fit my small palm better. I'll try out the 5x and see.

I think my biggest worry is the lack of Moto features that I have definitely gotten VERY used to.

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. All the photos that have been taken of it still don't charm me. I could probably deal with 5.7", as I've owned a Galaxy Note 2 before, but not with that "visor" or "camera bar".

Interesting. I thought the curved back on the Moto X was nice and makes it fit my small palm better. I'll try out the 5x and see.

I think my biggest worry is the lack of Moto features that I have definitely gotten VERY used to.
Another thing is the edge to edge glass of the Moto x feels good whereas there's a lip on the 5x. You get used to it but it's a downgrade in my opinion.

Ideally it would be nice to have smaller chins on the 5x but I suppose the battery has to take up some room.

The main reason why I'm keeping my 5x is for the camera. It is that good.

Onexuso

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Well I am the opposite. I am considering the 5x. I'm using the 6p now to type this and absolutely love everything about it except when I want to put it in my front pocket. Just barely fits and is not comfortable at all. I ordered a 5x today which should be here tomorrow. One will have to go back. Will have to wait and see.

BTW I'm coming from a Moto X 2013.

Well I lasted less than 10 minutes with the 5x. Display is just not at all good enough. I swear my 2013 Moto X looks better. Plus I get more and more comfortable with the larger size every day. Probably could/would have made it work if I got the 5x firs.

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Well I lasted less than 10 minutes with the 5x. Display is just not at all good enough. I swear my 2013 Moto X looks better. Plus I get more and more comfortable with the larger size every day. Probably could/would have made it work if I got the 5x firs.

I have moto x 2013 aswell but the display looks terrible compared to 5x.

I have G4 too but I actually prefer the display of 5x.

Onexuso

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I have moto x 2013 aswell but the display looks terrible compared to 5x.

I have G4 too but I actually prefer the display of 5x.

Maybe I got a defect or something. Whites are very yellow and everything else is very flat. My Moto X looks a lot better.

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I got a defect or something. Whites are very yellow and everything else is very flat. My Moto X looks a lot better.

Yes definitely contact Google. I noticed the yellow screen at first but figured I would get used to it and then a coworker of mine got a 5X with a good screen and the difference was so huge side by side. I contacted Google and they were aware of the issue and a new one will be here tomorrow. Apparently it's an issue with a lot of the September build date 5X's.

mltvolfan

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm also returning my 5x for the 6P. Ordered the 32GB Aluminum version today. Can't wait for it to arrive.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm also returning my 5x for the 6P. Ordered the 32GB Aluminum version today. Can't wait for it to arrive.

I did the same thing. Returned my 5X and bought the 6P, couldn't be happier. 6P to me is better in every single way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elizabethstephen