Bleeding on Chrome

ninestories

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Definitely a Chrome issue. I restored the application to its default state (uninstalled updates) and the issue vanished. Reinstalling updates made the problem reappear.

I'm seeing the problem on a Nexus 6P which uses an entirely different display than the 5X (not to mention a different resolution) which rules out hardware issues. I'm seeing the issue on Chrome 46.0.2490.76. OP should check browser versions between the two devices to see if that explains the discrepancy.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
My Nexus 5X has this problem in Google Chrome as well. So far I have not noticed it in any other apps.

Also, my G Pad Google Play Edition and my Moto X 2014 don't do it either.

Posted via the Android Central App

sambartle_uk

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I think this is more widespread.. Turns out I have it too.. now I knew to look for it.

I'd never have noticed though had no one mentioned it!

I'm not too worried this looks like a software issue to me.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I was the same way. I didn't notice it until I saw this thread. I would agree with it being a software issue. Albeit an odd one.

gsf747

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Tracked in issue 474556 on the Chromium bug site (I would post the link but apparently I can't do that yet). The duplicate issue 546624 says it was fixed in M47.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Apologies if this has been mentioned before.

I've noticed occasional screen bleeding down the right hand side of my 5X. I presume it's software related as it doesn't seem to happen on other apps.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'll get a screenshot next time it happens and share with y'all.

Chrome 47 fixed this issue. Wait for the update to be pushed to your device in few days

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I just wanted to report back on this. I was having that issue on Google Chrome, but this morning I got an update on the GPS for Chrome that brought it to version 47. I no longer see that extra bit of pixels on the right side.

Posted via the Android Central app on my Nexus 5X with Project Fi

BerryCracked

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Have it here, too. I thought it was dead pixels at first until I saw that it moved with the text I was viewing. Chrome 47.0.2526.76. Don't see heppening anywhere else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke