Screen Warmth Varies Between Devices

graffixnyc

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have two 5X's a Carbon and a Quartz (both 32gb) My carbon arrived yesterday. I also have a quartz that came on Wed. I notice my carbon's screen is warmer, whites look like the have more of a an off white/yellowish color. I'm only keeping one and planned on returning the quartz since I like the look of the carbon one better. I'm not sure it's worth exchanging the carbon one for another for it being warmer as I only really the off whiteish/yellowish tint when they are side by side.

My carbon was made in September and my quartz in October.

Here is a link showing both side by side: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

I decided to get a replacement after all just to see if the next one has the same issue or not.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hmm. Maybe they changed the calibration on some more recent models? I'm not sure they'd replace it just for that, but if they do, I would do it. After having a Note 4, most other displays just don't look right. Can't stand the yellowish whites

graffixnyc

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. Maybe they changed the calibration on some more recent models? I'm not sure they'd replace it just for that, but if they do, I would do it. After having a Note 4, most other displays just don't look right. Can't stand the yellowish whites

I already ordered a replacement. I hope the next one isn't worse. One guy on reddit got a replacement and it was a lot more yellow than his original

Kamin

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I have two 5X's a Carbon and a Quartz (both 32gb) My carbon arrived yesterday. I also have a quartz that came on Wed. I notice my carbon's screen is warmer, whites look like the have more of a an off white/yellowish color. I'm only keeping one and planned on returning the quartz since I like the look of the carbon one better. I'm not sure it's worth exchanging the carbon one for another for it being warmer as I only really the off whiteish/yellowish tint when they are side by side.

My carbon was made in September and my quartz in October.

Here is a link showing both side by side: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

I decided to get a replacement after all just to see if the next one has the same issue or not.

My Carbon 5X display is the same as the top.

graffixnyc

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Are you still going to have the Quartz to compare it to?

I didn't think I would since I set up the RMA for that one and have to return it within 7 days of getting the RMA email, but I got notified that the replacement already shipped and will be here in 2 says so I will still have the quartz when the replacement carbon arrives and will compare it before I send it back.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I didn't think I would since I set up the RMA for that one and have to return it within 7 days of getting the RMA email, but I got notified that the replacement already shipped and will be here in 2 says so I will still have the quartz when the replacement carbon arrives and will compare it before I send it back.
Cool. Let us know if it's any better

graffixnyc

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
My replacement carbon arrived. It's for sure A LOT less warm than the first. I'm going to compare all three and take pics. The first quartz I got (that's I'm fully returning) with noo yellowish tint, the carbon one I have with the yellow tint, and the replacement carbon that seems to not have any yellow tint.

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Just received my 32gb carbon today. Screen looks colder than my motox 2014 and nexus 7. Almost a pink hue compared. Where do I find the build date?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Just received my 32gb carbon today. Screen looks colder than my motox 2014 and nexus 7. Almost a pink hue compared. Where do I find the build date?
Moto X 2014 has an overly warm display. You'd need something with a cooler display for reference

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Found my build date. Didn't realize the sleeve the box came in was stuck inside the FedEx package.

9/2015 build. And the screen has a pinkish hue compared to pretty much everything. Moto x 2014, nexus 7, iPhone 5s

graffixnyc

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok here are some comparison pictures.. My original Quartz 5x, then the yellow tinted carbon 5x, with my replacement carbon 5x and a few shots comparing both the yellow tinted carbon and the replacement carbon with the 6P. Now seeing all 3 5x's side by side my quartz seems to have a redish tint compared.. odd.. I'm happy with the screen on my replacement carbon
http://imgur.com/a/1mHv4

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Mine is definitely warmer than my G4 that has bluish tint. But I like the warm tint better for some reason. Bluish tint in my G4 looks dull and sad lol...

Posted via the Android Central App

Kamin

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok here are some comparison pictures.. My original Quartz 5x, then the yellow tinted carbon 5x, with my replacement carbon 5x and a few shots comparing both the yellow tinted carbon and the replacement carbon with the 6P. Now seeing all 3 5x's side by side my quartz seems to have a redish tint compared.. odd.. I'm happy with the screen on my replacement carbon
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Hey man, thanks for taking the time to do all that. Your replacement Nexus does look better. I think I'm going to call in a replacement as well. How were you treated by the CSR? Did they give you much hassle?

graffixnyc

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey man, thanks for taking the time to do all that. Your replacement Nexus does look better. I think I'm going to call in a replacement as well. How were you treated by the CSR? Did they give you much hassle?

No problem :) The CSR reps didn't give me any hassle. I have read of a few people that have gotten a hard time but it was easy as pie for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463