I have two 5X's a Carbon and a Quartz (both 32gb) My carbon arrived yesterday. I also have a quartz that came on Wed. I notice my carbon's screen is warmer, whites look like the have more of a an off white/yellowish color. I'm only keeping one and planned on returning the quartz since I like the look of the carbon one better. I'm not sure it's worth exchanging the carbon one for another for it being warmer as I only really the off whiteish/yellowish tint when they are side by side.

My carbon was made in September and my quartz in October.

Here is a link showing both side by side: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

I decided to get a replacement after all just to see if the next one has the same issue or not.
    Kamin likes this.
    10-25-2015 06:19 PM
    Hmm. Maybe they changed the calibration on some more recent models? I'm not sure they'd replace it just for that, but if they do, I would do it. After having a Note 4, most other displays just don't look right. Can't stand the yellowish whites
    10-26-2015 12:32 AM
    Hmm. Maybe they changed the calibration on some more recent models? I'm not sure they'd replace it just for that, but if they do, I would do it. After having a Note 4, most other displays just don't look right. Can't stand the yellowish whites
    I already ordered a replacement. I hope the next one isn't worse. One guy on reddit got a replacement and it was a lot more yellow than his original
    10-26-2015 02:15 AM
    Mine seems to be fine. No dead pixels or anything either which I had on last years first batch.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-26-2015 04:11 AM
    You may get a better one, I'm really please with the whites on mine and definitely would not say they are towards yellow.
    10-26-2015 07:33 AM
    I have two 5X's a Carbon and a Quartz (both 32gb) My carbon arrived yesterday. I also have a quartz that came on Wed. I notice my carbon's screen is warmer, whites look like the have more of a an off white/yellowish color. I'm only keeping one and planned on returning the quartz since I like the look of the carbon one better. I'm not sure it's worth exchanging the carbon one for another for it being warmer as I only really the off whiteish/yellowish tint when they are side by side.

My carbon was made in September and my quartz in October.

Here is a link showing both side by side: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

I decided to get a replacement after all just to see if the next one has the same issue or not.
    My Carbon 5X display is the same as the top.
    10-26-2015 09:47 AM
    I already ordered a replacement. I hope the next one isn't worse. One guy on reddit got a replacement and it was a lot more yellow than his original
    Are you still going to have the Quartz to compare it to?
    10-26-2015 01:18 PM
    Are you still going to have the Quartz to compare it to?
    I didn't think I would since I set up the RMA for that one and have to return it within 7 days of getting the RMA email, but I got notified that the replacement already shipped and will be here in 2 says so I will still have the quartz when the replacement carbon arrives and will compare it before I send it back.
    10-26-2015 01:50 PM
    I didn't think I would since I set up the RMA for that one and have to return it within 7 days of getting the RMA email, but I got notified that the replacement already shipped and will be here in 2 says so I will still have the quartz when the replacement carbon arrives and will compare it before I send it back.
    Cool. Let us know if it's any better
    10-26-2015 02:15 PM
    Yes, please do graffixnyc. I first reported my display with the same issue in another thread, so I am interested to know if the replacement is any different.
    UJ95x likes this.
    10-26-2015 02:53 PM
    Yes, please do graffixnyc. I first reported my display with the same issue in another thread, so I am interested to know if the replacement is any different.
    Will do, for sure.
    UJ95x and dirtyjudo like this.
    10-26-2015 03:30 PM
    Gosh im not sure how many people would've caught that! Nice find!
    10-27-2015 01:34 PM
    My replacement carbon arrived. It's for sure A LOT less warm than the first. I'm going to compare all three and take pics. The first quartz I got (that's I'm fully returning) with noo yellowish tint, the carbon one I have with the yellow tint, and the replacement carbon that seems to not have any yellow tint.
    UJ95x and Kamin like this.
    10-28-2015 01:54 PM
    Just received my 32gb carbon today. Screen looks colder than my motox 2014 and nexus 7. Almost a pink hue compared. Where do I find the build date?
    10-28-2015 03:37 PM
    Just received my 32gb carbon today. Screen looks colder than my motox 2014 and nexus 7. Almost a pink hue compared. Where do I find the build date?
    Moto X 2014 has an overly warm display. You'd need something with a cooler display for reference
    10-28-2015 04:19 PM
    Found my build date. Didn't realize the sleeve the box came in was stuck inside the FedEx package.

9/2015 build. And the screen has a pinkish hue compared to pretty much everything. Moto x 2014, nexus 7, iPhone 5s
    10-28-2015 05:32 PM
    Ok here are some comparison pictures.. My original Quartz 5x, then the yellow tinted carbon 5x, with my replacement carbon 5x and a few shots comparing both the yellow tinted carbon and the replacement carbon with the 6P. Now seeing all 3 5x's side by side my quartz seems to have a redish tint compared.. odd.. I'm happy with the screen on my replacement carbon
    http://imgur.com/a/1mHv4
    Kamin likes this.
    10-28-2015 05:58 PM
    Mine is definitely warmer than my G4 that has bluish tint. But I like the warm tint better for some reason. Bluish tint in my G4 looks dull and sad lol...

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-28-2015 08:13 PM
    Ok here are some comparison pictures.. My original Quartz 5x, then the yellow tinted carbon 5x, with my replacement carbon 5x and a few shots comparing both the yellow tinted carbon and the replacement carbon with the 6P. Now seeing all 3 5x's side by side my quartz seems to have a redish tint compared.. odd.. I'm happy with the screen on my replacement carbon
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    Hey man, thanks for taking the time to do all that. Your replacement Nexus does look better. I think I'm going to call in a replacement as well. How were you treated by the CSR? Did they give you much hassle?
    10-29-2015 11:34 AM
    Hey man, thanks for taking the time to do all that. Your replacement Nexus does look better. I think I'm going to call in a replacement as well. How were you treated by the CSR? Did they give you much hassle?
    No problem The CSR reps didn't give me any hassle. I have read of a few people that have gotten a hard time but it was easy as pie for me.
    10-29-2015 04:13 PM
    If you toggle the Adaptive Brightness functions On/Off you will notice that that max Brightness setting is warmer on the "On" position....turn the Adaptive Brightness "Off" and you'll get a cooler/brighter screen at max setting. Wondering if this has something to do with your issue posted.
    10-29-2015 07:45 PM
    That looks more like a panel brightness issue than a white point calibration issue.

phonearena has some colorometer reading of the 5x and the white point is pretty much spot on: Google Nexus 5 Benchmarks
    11-03-2015 06:36 PM
    Mine was manufactured in November and has a warmer screen than my Nexus 5 but unless I use them side by side I don't notice it.

Edit - oops this post was kind of old...Stumbled upon it in a google search.
    12-02-2015 10:35 PM