Syncing Facebook Events/Contacts to Stock Google Apps

Dee Downes

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Haven't been able to locate anything online for this. I'm coming from a Samsung Galaxy S5, and previously my Google contacts and calendar were synced up with my Facebook contacts and events. The pics in my contacts were previously helpful, whereas currently in Marshmallow, only the first letter of their stored contact name shows up as their pic unless it's a contact I already have in Google+, and let's face it, Facebook is still the leading social media site, and less than 5% of the people I talk to regularly have a Google profile (most people I know are iPhone users anyway). So is there a way to have the Facebook contacts sync up on the Nexus 5X with my contact list? Also, I used to have Facebook events show up on my Google calendar, which was helpful when I forgot that I had RSVP'ed to a concert in FB, since I use Google calendars much more often. Any idea on how to get these to sync as well? I have allowed FB permissions to access my contacts and calendar, but when I select "snyc now" in the accounts section, nothing happens.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That was a feature that was built into Samsung phones in partnership with Facebook. I believe the 'normal' Facebook app can sync contacts but not events.

You can try 3rd party options like ubersync. There's another one I used before, but I can't remember the name. I'll try and update later.

lilmeh

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
If you have an Exchange account (work email etc.) linked to your phone, you can add your facebook calendar URL to web outlook, and it will turn up in your calendars on your android phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc