Bluetooth Battery Drain

newbienic

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I've been experiencing serious Bluetooth Battery Drain ever since I paired my moto 360 2015 to the 5x. I've had this watch paired with my 2014 moto x and Bluetooth never even registered as a battery drain on the list. I've done everything short of factory resetting my phone (forgot watch and factory reset it, uninstalled/reinstalled Android wear, wiped cache partition from recovery, etc.), but nothing fixes it. You can see in the screen shot that Bluetooth is the number one battery drain, and its like this everyday. If anyone has any ideas, I'd greatly appreciate them. Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 2612.jpg
    2612.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 19

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been experiencing serious Bluetooth Battery Drain ever since I paired my moto 360 2015 to the 5x. I've had this watch paired with my 2014 moto x and Bluetooth never even registered as a battery drain on the list. I've done everything short of factory resetting my phone (forgot watch and factory reset it, uninstalled/reinstalled Android wear, wiped cache partition from recovery, etc.), but nothing fixes it. You can see in the screen shot that Bluetooth is the number one battery drain, and its like this everyday. If anyone has any ideas, I'd greatly appreciate them. Thanks.

Have you tried wiping the cache via Recovery?

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site

same here with my pebble. I stopped pairing with it.

rdavenp3

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Bluetooth is a huge battery drain. Just got my 5x 2 days ago. I paired it with my truck and play podcast (downloaded, not streamed) for my 1 hr. drive to work and it has drained my battery 18-20% 2 days in a row.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Looks to me like you got a full day use out of it. 7:00am to 11:00pm. I don't need mine to go much further than that.

By the way, my Bluetooth is top of my battery list as well.

newbienic

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. I'm not complaining about the length of time I'm getting from the battery, but with 23% drained by Bluetooth, it could be sooooo much better. It's just weird to me, cause I've been using Android wear for the better part of a year, and have never had an issue with Bluetooth affecting my battery. Maybe, just maybe, doze has optimized the system so well, that Bluetooth is the worst culprit of the bunch (I'm going way out on a limb here...). But maybe, that has something to do with it. It baffles me currently. :/

DWolf1231

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Bluetooth is a huge battery drain. Just got my 5x 2 days ago. I paired it with my truck and play podcast (downloaded, not streamed) for my 1 hr. drive to work and it has drained my battery 18-20% 2 days in a row.

Yeah I've been very disappointed with the battery consumption from streaming over a bluetooth connection.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7