5x overall performance/experience

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious now that most people have had their shiny new phones what are your opinions on overall performance and experience using the phone? Camera, speed, multi tasking etc. Also can someone tell me if the black version has more of a soft touch feel than the white and ice color

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
The camera is sometimes a bit slow to open and occasionally a bit slow to capture. I think an update to the app will solve it hopefully soon. The rest of the experience in terms of fluidity and performance has been pretty much flawless for me.

I haven't had a look at the White and Ice but I wouldn't describe the black as soft. It's not like the Nexus 5 back was if you have had one of those.

Don_Henry

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I moved from a BlackBerry Z10 (pretty quick, smooth and lag free) to the 5X - my first Android device - and this new unit is much faster and smoother than my BlackBerry ever was - I have had no lag or any issues or problems in my first week with the new unit!

And also want to add - at least on Marshmallow, I have not found ANYTHING that the 5X cannot do that the BlackBerry did.

I am quite impressed and very happy I made the move!!!

Nexus 5X on AT&T - Posted via the Android Central App

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I've seen a couple people day it lags from time to time. Any idea what they might be talking about ? Have you experienced this at all?

I have not seen any lag, but my usage patterns are not particularly processor-intense (I don't really watch videos, I don't do games, I rarely take video but I do take a fair number of pictures). I like my phone to run as sleekly as possible, so I don't clutter it up with apps that I don't need. Almost all my data is stored in the cloud, so my phone is essentially my gateway to information--email, SMS/MMS, IM, browsing the web, weather, news, calendaring, maps and navigation, a payment device, light social media, etc).

If the 5X fits your needs in terms of specs and capabilities, go for it. The best phone is the best phone FOR YOU.

ASD Dad

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I've had a few hiccups lately and I am actually thinking of returning it. The camera is app is slow to open and there are occasional delays in actually shooting. Not good with toddlers running around. There are also some random delays with opening the keyboard or apps. Its not long but it is definitely there. I dont have many apps loaded either and am completely stock - no launchers or anything.

I can say the battery is doing better than anticipated, the Doze feature works well. Screen is decent but not great, maybe a bit warmer than I would want. The USB C is nice in theory but a pain overall. The stock cable is way too short and if I keep it I will need to buy several new ones for my car, office, home, etc.

I think overall the phone is "nice" but not great (for me). I am actually thinking of going back to my Moto Pure.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I've had a few hiccups lately and I am actually thinking of returning it. The camera is app is slow to open and there are occasional delays in actually shooting. Not good with toddlers running around. There are also some random delays with opening the keyboard or apps. Its not long but it is definitely there. I dont have many apps loaded either and am completely stock - no launchers or anything.

I can say the battery is doing better than anticipated, the Doze feature works well. Screen is decent but not great, maybe a bit warmer than I would want. The USB C is nice in theory but a pain overall. The stock cable is way too short and if I keep it I will need to buy several new ones for my car, office, home, etc.

I think overall the phone is "nice" but not great (for me). I am actually thinking of going back to my Moto Pure.

I agree about the camera. Not ideal for me with a 4 week old infant, and she doesn't even move as much as a toddler does! And I have the 6p too and it's the same way. It processes HDR quicker but takes an eternity to capture several pictures in a row. So frustrating. I do hope Google releases an update quickly.

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So far coming from a Moto x 2014 I like the flat back on the phone. Screen is ok although colors aren't as saturated as on the Moto. Really like how it is narrower but the taller body actually makes it harder for one had use especially when reaching for the top bar.
Camera has come on slow at times but I admit the photos are way better than on the Moto and that was one of my reasons of switching. Also screen brightness is great and I can read outdoors in the sun again. Still getting used to the fingerprint sensor and we'll see if I keep it on. Battery life is better and Doze seems to work well if you aren't using your phone much.
Auto brightness doesn't seem to respond as well and there is some lag but the Moto also had those issues. I just manually adjust brightness now.
I also notice that my phone is constantly hovering around 1.4gb of used memory so maybe 3gb would have been better for buffering things.
Overall with the $50 credit it makes the phone worth it but I have yet to get the code. Without it I might be a little more picky as the Moto x 2014 with it's features is also a great phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance