How can I add a song to ringtones and then make the song a ringtone?
    I looked around but I'm lost.
    Thanks
    10-30-2015 11:07 AM
    If you have added an m4a (or whatever) to a ringtone or notification directory, you may need to restart your phone. Mine didn't repopulate the ringtones list until I did this...
    10-30-2015 11:16 AM
    If you have added an m4a (or whatever) to a ringtone or notification directory, you may need to restart your phone. Mine didn't repopulate the ringtones list until I did this...
    Good point.

Generally speaking, you just need to move the music file (Is it an MP3? ... basically, whatever format is supported) to the file folder "ringtones." For me, I have a few favorite mp3 songs that I just email to myself, then download into the correct folder. I have songs as my alarms too

Most 3rd party file managers are a lot more user friendly that the stock one for the 5X. I like OI File Manager myself for its simplicity and small [storage] footprint. If you download to the download folder, then just use the file manager app to move the file to the ringtones/notifications/alarms folders.

Don't forget to reboot!

Hope this helps!
    10-30-2015 11:30 AM
    Also, if you want to move a lot of music files, you might want to hook your handset up to your computer and move them en masse using the MTP USB configuration (dev options)
    10-30-2015 12:58 PM