Why didn't you get a 6P?

Bob Garon

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
It's all about the size AND size definitely matters babbbbbyyyyy!!!!
I'm hoping next year they can pack 4gb of RAM and have a 64gb Nexus device packaged in a 5" - 5.2" max size so I can swap out my 5X for that future proofed phone.

prometheusg

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Size.
I've been using the 5X for about a week now and it's about as large a phone as I'm comfortable handling (coming from a 2013 Moto G). Doesn't fit well in my front left pocket and that's always been where I've kept my phones. I would have gotten the Moto X, but it's just too large. The 5X really isn't the phone I want, but at this point it's what I'm stuck with since the phones that have what I want are all too large.

anon(9690742)

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
size.
I've been using the 5x for about a week now and it's about as large a phone as i'm comfortable handling (coming from a 2013 moto g). Doesn't fit well in my front left pocket and that's always been where i've kept my phones. I would have gotten the moto x, but it's just too large. the 5x really isn't the phone i want, but at this point it's what i'm stuck with since the phones that have what i want are all too large.

attention google

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I picked the 5x for 3 reasons:
  1. SIZE!!!
  2. the 6P is ug-ly!
  3. Huawei, to date for me, is still a relatively unknown entity

I actually have a Moto X Pure (and the X1 and the X2). I love everything about it except that it is too big for me to use one-handed (seems to be a common theme, eh?). After using it for a month, I finally realized that being forced to always use my device with two hands was making it feel like a lot less of a "mobile phone" and a lot more like a tablet. UGH.

I like the 5X A LOT. It isn't that much of a compromise for me other than it only has 2GB RAM (hope that never becomes an issue) and it doesn't have the Moto apps that bring a goodly amount of convenience to the user experience. Working at learning Tasker to address that.

So the 6P was actually never in the running--nothing about it appeals to me.

Downwind

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
For me, coming from an OG Moto X, the 5X is already too big. I wanted to be on Project Fi and the notion of an even bigger phone like the N6 or 6P was impossilbe to consider. So far the 5X has been a great phone.

Bob Garon

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
To add to what I wrote a few posts up.... Next year, I am hoping Google definitely gives us a big winner of a 5"-5.2" device and I will definitely be getting that for sure. I am also hoping Google figures out some more they can do to extend the battery life of the 5X with a firmware update too. Until then, I will enjoy my Nexus 5X and the streamlined Android OS without the bloat and with the regular updates to keep it fun.

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
To add to what I wrote a few posts up.... Next year, I am hoping Google definitely gives us a big winner of a 5"-5.2" device and I will definitely be getting that for sure. I am also hoping Google figures out some more they can do to extend the battery life of the 5X with a firmware update too. Until then, I will enjoy my Nexus 5X and the streamlined Android OS without the bloat and with the regular updates to keep it fun.

I've never seen a firmware update completely change a battery! Until next year...

Bob Garon

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I've never seen a firmware update completely change a battery! Until next year...

Completely, but there is hope for somewhat. I'm hoping they can figure out if there's any thing they can do and maybe utilize Doze a little bit more aggressively when the screen is off. I think when the screen is on there's nothing that could be done really unless there's an app in the background somewhere hung up somehow. But if they can see how to use resources more efficiently when the screen is on that would be excellent!

Posted via my Nexus 5X

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
My reasons for the 5X are very simple. I value a removable battery and SD card support which Nexus doesn't favor. I'm looking for a handset for a part time phone. If I bought a 6P, I wouldn't buy a 32GB model hence there is a significant price savings with the 5X (vs a 64 or 128GB 6P).

Having said that, the Nexus 5X is a ridiculously great handset. Nonetheless, I'm on the waiting list for a 6P as a daily driver. The Nexus experience is too good to pass up.

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I actually have both right now and boy do I love the improved performance, better battery life and improved speakers on the 6P but at the end of the day after two days I still cannot get comfortable with a phone as big and heavy as the 6P. I am gonna keep trying until Monday but likely the 6P is going back as at the end of the day no matter how great a phone it might be if I can't comfortably use it then it doesn't really matter. I can only hope that next year they make a 5P but I don't think I will be too upset having to use the 5X until then. I do feel some of the improved performance on the 6P is just having better optimized software so I hope LG and Google work that out in an upcoming software update.

I also have to say that while the AMOLED screen on the 6P is flat our gorgeous the 5X is definitely a much brighter panel and easier to use in bright sunlight. I also prefer the color temperature of the 5X vs the 6P as personally speaking I find the colors on the 6P oversatured in regular mode and undersaturated in sRGB mode. The 5X I think is just about right.

Markolc

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Size.

I have a Nexus 5.

When the Nexus 6 first came out, I got it and used it for about 2 weeks. The size drove me crazy, too big. I could not one-hand it. Returned it to Sprint and went right back to my Nexus 5.

I'd still use my nexus 5, however I've already replaced the screen on it 3 times, and the motherboard once. Now the digitizer is starting to go and it probably can use a fresh battery, I don't want to keep dumping money into it anymore.

I will Very Much MISS not being able to use my Qi chargers. I have two in my house, one in my car (which was awesome for the N5 because of the magnet), and one in the office. I may still go back to the N5 yet if not having wireless charging gets on my nerves. Depends greatly on the N5x battery life

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech