While using the phone, communication apps only give me a sound and notification icon when I receive a message; I then have to swipe down the notification bar to see what the message is.

Is there anyway to get a quick preview on the top bar so I know what a friend's message is without swiping down the notification bar? Thanks

Notification Quick Preview-we.png
    11-02-2015 02:32 AM
    This app "Headsoff" is the thing I was looking for, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work on Android 6.0 devices yet.
    11-02-2015 03:45 AM
    This is for SMS? If so, try Textra. It has a feature called floating notification that can be set to show "until dismissed."
    11-02-2015 05:24 AM
    This is for SMS? If so, try Textra. It has a feature called floating notification that can be set to show "until dismissed."
    Thanks for your suggestion. But I think this Textra is similar with "peeking (heads-up)" feature as default, which our Android 6.0 has. After some research, the feature I am looking for is already gone since Android 5.0 came out. However, Headsoff Ticker On app is still updating and hope they have a version that's functioning on Android 6.0. I'm really used to this ticker on feature in old android devices instead of the heads-up. What ticker on does is showing a quick preview of messages including emails, SMS, facebook messages..etc on top status bar; on the other hand, heads-up feature pops up and takes a lot of room on screen while we are reading something, kinda bothers me.
    11-02-2015 03:08 PM
    Addddress,

Were you able to figure anything out about the pop up or head's up notifications? I am with you that the LED notification and small icon in the status bar is not a good way of seeing what the message is and who it is from. A preview of the message would be great or a notification on the app icon letting me know there is a text message or email would be great as well.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
    11-04-2015 12:07 PM
    Addddress,

Were you able to figure anything out about the pop up or head's up notifications? I am with you that the LED notification and small icon in the status bar is not a good way of seeing what the message is and who it is from. A preview of the message would be great or a notification on the app icon letting me know there is a text message or email would be great as well.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
    Re: unread counts, see my reply to you in the other thread you posted in.
    11-04-2015 02:57 PM