Verizon Visual Voicemail

sumner929

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Everytime I miss a call, I get a text from Verizon that says "//VZWVVM:SYNC:ev=NM;id=170;c=1;t=v;s=phone#" Any idea what's going on and how to disable it? I'd like to have visual voicemail, but I think its a paid add on for my plan. I can't find a visual voicemail setting in the phone. Thanks in advance!

hytekjosh

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Everytime I miss a call, I get a text from Verizon that says "//VZWVVM:SYNC:ev=NM;id=170;c=1;t=v;s=phone#" Any idea what's going on and how to disable it? I'd like to have visual voicemail, but I think its a paid add on for my plan. I can't find a visual voicemail setting in the phone. Thanks in advance!

I have basic visual voicemail on the Verizon line paired with my 5X and I am getting the same texts. After reading, it seems its up to the carriers to support Marshmallow's specific visual voicemail functionality. Who knows if that will ever come. If anyone comes up with a workaround please do share!

DOOG9517

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Getting visual voicemail to work with VZW means having messages forwarded to a different service like Google or Youmail.

I went to my account online with VZW, and just chose basic voicemail, NOT basic visual voicemail. Now my voice mail works like any old dumb phone. I'm ok with it, though, because I don't get many voicemails.

BTW if you just use basic voicemail, you wont get the wierd text messages.

MetalTaylor

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I have google voice with mine. It transcribes the voicemail for you. Sometimes not very well. There have been some interesting transcriptions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol