Ditch G4 for the 5X?

L0N35T4R

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Currently have the G4 and had a Nexus 5 before that. I'm sorta missing vanilla android and am thinking about getting a 5X. What would some pros or cons be on this switch?

I've read a review here that says the camera is quite good which was a reason I wanted the G4 in the first place (Nexus 5 camera wasn't very good) . I also wasn't very happy with battery life which I guess the G4 is OK.

Is this a good move?

Posted via the Android Central App

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
How much do you value stock Android, fast updates, fingerprint sensor, USB type C, micro SD, removable battery, back buttons and Quad HD?

L0N35T4R

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
How much do you value stock Android, fast updates, fingerprint sensor, USB type C, micro SD, removable battery, back buttons and Quad HD?

Don't care about QHD and feel like it's a waste on a phone. I enjoy fast updates but the N5 wasn't stellar about getting updates quite like the Nexus concept would make you think it would.

USB C sounds nice but getting new charges doesn't. Don't need micro SD and removable battery is nice for a battery pull every once in a while but meh.

I think I will miss the back buttons and tap to wake

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I came from G4 also and getting the 5x is the best decision I made and never regret.

Display
- I actually like the warmish tint of the 5x compare to G4's bluish dull tint

Camera
- The only thing I miss from G4 is that selfie hand gesture thing lol. Other than that 5x is good as the g4 in terms of picture quality.

Speaker
- Well.. G4 beats the 5x front speaker. The 5x speaker in max is kinda muffled compare to G4s loud and clear quality. But for me 5x speaker is not too bad.

Form factor
- 5x size is my sweet spot! Its light, compact and 1 hand usable! I felt the G4 is heavy and big.

-Design
Its up to you to decide lol.

Connection/Reception
-Hands down 5x. I get full bar with my 5x and only 3 in my G4.

Call quality
- About the same.

Battery life
- I get 4.5 hours sot in 5x and 4 in G4.
And Doze is really dope! I went to sleep and wake up with only 1 % loss!! ( In 7 hours) G4 loses like 2-3% ( in 7 hours of standby mode)

Dont worry about the tap to wake and back buttons of G4 lol , bc the 5x finger print sensor is way better in terms of security and its insanely fast!! It actually beats the iphone 6 finger print sensor.

So now my G4 is kinda like my mini tablet lol.

L0N35T4R

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I came from G4 also and getting the 5x is the best decision I made and never regret.

Display
- I actually like the warmish tint of the 5x compare to G4's bluish dull tint

Camera
- The only thing I miss from G4 is that selfie hand gesture thing lol. Other than that 5x is good as the g4 in terms of picture quality.

Speaker
- Well.. G4 beats the 5x front speaker. The 5x speaker in max is kinda muffled compare to G4s loud and clear quality. But for me 5x speaker is not too bad.

Form factor
- 5x size is my sweet spot! Its light, compact and 1 hand usable! I felt the G4 is heavy and big.

-Design
Its up to you to decide lol.

Connection/Reception
-Hands down 5x. I get full bar with my 5x and only 3 in my G4.

Call quality
- About the same.

Battery life
- I get 4.5 hours sot in 5x and 4 in G4.
And Doze is really dope! I went to sleep and wake up with only 1 % loss!! ( In 7 hours) G4 loses like 2-3% ( in 7 hours of standby mode)

Dont worry about the tap to wake and back buttons of G4 lol , bc the 5x finger print sensor is way better in terms of security and its insanely fast!! It actually beats the iphone 6 finger print sensor.

So now my G4 is kinda like my mini tablet lol.

Thanks for this post. I guess I have some decisions to make!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12