Considering everything from battery to the way it feels, how satisfied are you and why?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-09-2015 11:46 AM
    I like the size (the only reason I did not go with the 6P) and the battery life is much better than the Nexus 5 I used for 18 months. I do not use a lot of data or take a lot of photos, so I may not be the best person to ask. The new type C charger does charge much, much faster. Although, had to buy all new chargers and cables if I wanted more than one, and I did. The screen resolution is very good. I feel sometimes my data connection is slow (trying out Project Fi - had been on T-mo and had better data speed). I am not delighted with email - gmail comes into my gmail box in a timely fashion; my other accounts are a day later. Have checked all my settings. Not sure if gmail prioritizes their email over others. Have used Samsung products before and I went with Nexus again as I like getting updates when they come out, not months later. I also prefer a cleaner phone without a lot of bloatware. I do not root my phone (FYI).
    11-09-2015 11:53 AM
    I am VERY happy with my choice. The phablet sized phones just didn't work for me, no matter their bells and whistles.

Feature assessments:
    • I think battery life is amazing with Doze.
    • Screen is plenty clear and bright (I usually keep my screen brightness around 20-30%)
    • Camera is taking photos that easily rival what I was getting with the Moto X Pure Edition (I snap photos of just about everything that I need to remember--so I don't have to carry notes or papers--or just things that catch my eye)
    • Earpiece is nice and loud
    • Voice quality is on par with Motorola's--I'm very impressed
    • Love the fingerprint reader - it is ridiculously fast and convenient! I never missed what I have never had, but now that I've had it I am not sure I'd like to go without (going forward)
    • Getting all new USB-C cables was a pain and finding that some of the adapters were not compliant was also a pain, but overall it's a TAD nicer to not have to figure out up/down on the connector
    • Getting used to the LED notification...having used the Moto X1 and X2 it felt like going backwards a bit in time, but it is still useful.

The only negatives are:
    • Speaker quality is rudimentary--if you want to listen to music, use BT or headphones
    • I still miss a lot of the Moto app enhancements
    11-09-2015 12:22 PM
    I agree with just about everything eccentric has stated - I came from Blackberry, and was anticipating how difficult the transition would be - it has been quite easy and a very enjoyable experience.

I am not a gamer nor do I do any music or videos - for my everyday business use, I am extremely happy with the 5X!!

Nexus 5X on AT&T - Posted via the Android Central App
    11-09-2015 03:07 PM
    I'm happy as a pig in poo!

Seriously though, I love this phone. Love it as much as I loved my Nexus 5. This is the first Android phone I've used where I have zero desire to go back to my iPhone 6s Plus in the 3 weeks I've had it. I actually put the sim in my iPhone this morning and by lunch put it back in my 5x. Usually the camera or something would make me go back, not this time. The camera is stellar (and I have a toddler to contend with).
    11-09-2015 03:47 PM
    I have been quite happy with my 5x so far.

11-09-2015 07:37 PM
    I'm happy as a pig in poo!

Seriously though, I love this phone. Love it as much as I loved my Nexus 5. This is the first Android phone I've used where I have zero desire to go back to my iPhone 6s Plus in the 3 weeks I've had it. I actually put the sim in my iPhone this morning and by lunch put it back in my 5x. Usually the camera or something would make me go back, not this time. The camera is stellar (and I have a toddler to contend with).
    That's excellent news on the toddler front. I'm currently debating between the 6s Plus, 6P, and 5X. I should get my 6P tomorrow. If it's too big or whatnot, I'll pick up the 5X. The 5 was my all time favorite phone. I just wish this one came in 64gb. I filled my 32gb 5.
    11-09-2015 08:38 PM
    I absolutely love my 5x. The build quality is great, I prefer soft touch plastic over cold metal on any winter day. It well put together. The camera is AMAZING. The screen is good and the battery is on the good almost great side.
    11-09-2015 09:42 PM
    I love mine. My 2013 Moto X had to be topped up a couple of times a day. I had chargers stashed all over my house and in the car. When I ordered the 5X I also ordered and extra charger and some cables. Waste of money. The 5X gets me though the day with ease. 40% usually left at bedtime. The front facing speaker is great, unlike the rear speaker on the Moto.
    11-09-2015 09:54 PM
    The 5X has been great. The battery gets me through the day with no problems. And I'm very happy with the weight. It's super light and easy to hold. I stick it in my pocket and could forget that that it's even there.
    11-09-2015 10:09 PM
    I'm loving the 5X coming from my Nexus 4. The battery is great, charging is crazy fast than what I'm used to, and the size is about perfect. Wouldn't want to go any bigger ala 6P. Project Fi is clicking along just fine a well switching between tmo and Sprint networks on the fly. Fingerprint ready works like a charm but the 2 banking apps I wanted to use fingerprint login with don't support the 5X. I'm talking to you Bank of America and USAA!

Haven't had a chance to test out the camera yet but I hear it's competent. After 2 weeks of ownership I'm super happy with the 5X and would definitely buy again.

11-10-2015 12:10 AM
    I am loving it to bits. Battery life is pretty good with doze running. I use the device mainly for browsing, twitter, texting and YouTube. Gets me through the day, screen is better than the 6s and have no desire to return to the 6s / nexus 5 also really love that the device is light!
    11-10-2015 01:02 AM
    The only negatives are:
    • Speaker quality is rudimentary--if you want to listen to music, use BT or headphones
    The Moto app enhancements is what keeps dragging me back to Moto.
    11-10-2015 01:05 PM
    The only negatives are:
    11-10-2015 01:05 PM
    Which is not a bad thing

I have had Motorola phones for about a handful of years (and more than a handful of phones during that time). I wanted to love the 2015 Moto X, and in terms of what the device itself offers, I do. BUT, I don't want a device that I HAVE to use with two hands--I might as well carry a tablet in that case--so producing a phablet for the 3rd Moto X ultimately led to me getting my first non-Moto phone in years.

I think the 5X is awesome overall. There are few areas where they could have done a little better (and I would have gladly paid for it) like another GB of RAM and a better quality front speaker, but on the whole I think it is a great device. So while I miss the Moto apps, I'm learning to find ways to achieve almost the same thing
    • Approach for Moto Display - on 5X just tilt the phone 90 degrees from whatever position it is in
    • Twist for Quick Capture - on 5X double tap the power button
    • Driving Assist - on 5X just say "OK Google, what's my most recent message?" and Google will read it out loud ... I actually reply less often now if it isn't important which is probably good for driving
    11-10-2015 01:20 PM
    I really like the 5x. I had an iPhone 6+ and it was too big to carry in my front pocket and was heavy as a brick. I like being able to use my phone with only hand again and how light the 5x is. It's plastic but doesn't feel cheap.The external speaker isn't great but not as bad as a lot of reviews say. My wife has a iPhone 6 and after playing with the 5x plans on getting one of these for herself.
    11-10-2015 06:56 PM
    I'm loving the 5X coming from my Nexus 4. The battery is great, charging is crazy fast than what I'm used to, and the size is about perfect. Wouldn't want to go any bigger ala 6P. Project Fi is clicking along just fine a well switching between tmo and Sprint networks on the fly. Fingerprint ready works like a charm but the 2 banking apps I wanted to use fingerprint login with don't support the 5X. I'm talking to you Bank of America and USAA!

Haven't had a chance to test out the camera yet but I hear it's competent. After 2 weeks of ownership I'm super happy with the 5X and would definitely buy again.

Nice to hear a review from a previous Nexus 4 owner. I'm still rocking my N4. Looking forward to eventually getting the 5x.

Posted via Nexus 4
    11-11-2015 12:56 AM
    I like my 5X but it hasn't been good enough to keep me from looking for the next best thing out there. I've had some moments where the phone lags pretty badly and come across some annoying bugs that haven't been fixed since Lollipop (ie Caps lock being stuck on when replying from a notification using Google Messenger app, Smart Lock working whenever it feels like it, etc). I won't buy a different, non-Nexus device but I'm still very tempted to give the Lumia 950 a chance even if it means I have to leave Verizon to do so.
    11-12-2015 12:09 AM
    I love it. 9/10 for $429 (32gb Quartz). I would recommend it.

Battery: the battery is phenomenal. It will last from 5AM to 10PM with moderate screen time and Google music use. Not to mention, it charges from 0 to 75% in less than 40min.

Screen: The screen is crisp and does not have the "warm" tint. The color quality is great (coming from a nexus 4).

Performance: I have not had any lag when using apps, chrome, and Google music. The 2gb ram has not caused any drastic setbacks.

Audio: the audio is really quiet, I have to crank the volume to its max with headphones on. In the car, I have to increase the volume by 100%

Buttons: Power and volume buttons are placed in a pretty uncomfortable place. 40% of the time I'm hitting the volume buttons.

Build Quality: I love the Quartz and plastic feel. It does not feel cheap at all to me.

Camera: the quality is light years away when compared to the nexus 4. The photos come out crisp and crystal clear, even when zoomed in. Low lighting shots is far superior compared to my gf's iphone 5s. The double power button tap is very convenient.

Google Case: The ADOPTED case is cheap and flimsy. Overall, just looks like complete crap for $20. Ironically, I decided to keep it. Dunno why, but it still does its job.

11-12-2015 12:49 AM
    I've had my 5X just over 2 weeks and coming from the Nexus 6 I am surprisingly impressed.

I was expecting it to be inferior to the N6 but it is living up well to a good day to day phone, performs well when using memory intensive apps and battery life is hold up well (I suspect this is in part to Doze).

For me the going back to a phone that I can hold and operate one handed makes a difference, I don't miss the large screen of the N6 as I almost always have my N9 to hand.

All in all, rather pleased.
    11-12-2015 09:25 AM
    I've had my 5X just over 2 weeks and coming from the Nexus 6 I am surprisingly impressed.

I was expecting it to be inferior to the N6 but it is living up well to a good day to day phone, performs well when using memory intensive apps and battery life is hold up well (I suspect this is in part to Doze).

For me the going back to a phone that I can hold and operate one handed makes a difference, I don't miss the large screen of the N6 as I almost always have my N9 to hand.

All in all, rather pleased.
    Ditto. It was one of the biggest factors for me in choosing this phone over competing models like the Moto X Pure and the Nexus 6P.
    11-12-2015 09:58 AM