Insanely tight headphone jack

Haarup

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Well as the title says my new Nexus 5x headphone jack is tight as f**k. Others who experience this? I have to use so much force i fear for damaging the phone..

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Well as the title says my new Nexus 5x headphone jack is tight as f**k. Others who experience this? I have to use so much force i fear for damaging the phone..

Should we assume that you have tested different sets of headphones and checked inside the jack for debris or anything that could inhibit full insertion?

Haarup

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Ive only tested with the headphones ive used with my nexus 5 - They slide right into that one. Cant see any debris, then again its a brand new phone

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Definitely test another. Mine is nice and tight but not to the point of it being bad. Different headphones will give you different results.

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
But arent headphone jacks supposed to be the same size?

Yes. But so are SD cards, and elsewhere on the web I sat in on a forum where a user noted that they have a microSD card that falls out of every tray that they try to put it into...bought a new one and realized there is a hair's difference in one of the dimensions....and it is a Sandisk card!

Nurtz

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
I just got my 5x a few days ago and didn't try plugging in headphones until late last night. I thought I was going to break the phone! I have the same issue and am going to contact google today to see what my options are. Not acceptable as it is.

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I plugged an aux cable into mine today, first time having anything plugged in to it, and it wasn't any tighter than any other headphone jack I've used.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze