Compass working?

tangozebra

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering is 5X users are having compass issues. My 6P compass isn't accurate at all. I've heard 5 users having issues as well once upgraded to lollipop.

Simple test is to open up Google Maps and see if shows you are pointing in the right direction.

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering is 5X users are having compass issues. My 6P compass isn't accurate at all. I've heard 5 users having issues as well once upgraded to lollipop.

Simple test is to open up Google Maps and see if shows you are pointing in the right direction.

I think I've noticed this on more than just a Nexus device (another 2015 device exhibits this behavior).

Fix it with a quick 3 step calibration

If your arrow is pointing in the wrong direction, you’ll need to calibrate your phone’s compass. Open the Google Maps app and then follow these directions:

1. Tilt your phone forward and back
2. Move it side to side
3. And then tilt left and right

You may need to repeat the steps until your compass is calibrated.

Test with your phone held vertical to the ground (bottom of the phone points towards the ground, top of the phone points towards the sky).

Downwind

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
My compass is useless. I've tried various GPS apps and nothing seems to work. It's the only disappointment so far. Is it the chip or the software?

Downwind

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that 6P owners are having the same problem so maybe it's a Marshmallow issue. Waving the phone around in Maps kinda fixes the issue, but any other GPS apps still won't work. At least not on my 5X. Maybe an upcoming Marshmallow update will fix this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie