LG Nexus 5x hands down the best!!!

neo4uo

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I just have to say after reading that the guys/gals at AC were beating down the 5x and saying not to buy it makes me think they have lost their ever loving minds. I don't know if it's because they get the best of the best phones and they always feel you should get the best specs and what not, but I work for a living and cannot afford the latest and greatest phones. My experience with my 5x has been great so far. This phone is the first phone that I have had that the battery has got me thru an entire day. I LOVE THE SIZE. I have small hands and this phone is my sweet spot, not too small like my Moto X Developer edition and not too big like the Note 4 I sold within 5 months because I absolutely hated how big it was. I know that the Nexus 6 and 6p would not be the right size for me. THE PRICE, of course I had to get the 32g size because I ROOT ROM and have a lot of apps so 16gig would not cut it for me. THE FINGER sensor is the best feature in my opinion. I love the placement and the fact that it brings you right into the phone from screen off. I hated my Note 4 being on the front, and you had to turn the phone on first. LG really got this right on Nexus Imprint. Now the criticism; the Ram, the Screen, and the Speakers? Really the screen being an LCD, I have never been able to tell a difference, probably the first difference I ever noticed on an Android phone was going from an Original Motorola Droid to a Samsung Fascinate. Samsung has great screens and you can tell the quality, but honestly the Nexus 5x LCD is perfectly fine for me. As far as going out side and using it I don't really that much so this is not even an issue for me. The Ram, seriously running stock Android with no touchwiz or factory skin, DO you really need all of that extra RAM not doing anything? I have had over 20 apps opened and not one of them closed and I still had 700mb of Ram free. As far as the speakers, if you want a BOSS sound system go by a speaker or a good bluetooth speaker with good quality. I don't use the mic to talk on my phone, I use a LG bluetooth headset, so there again not an issue for me. The Dev Community is probably the BEST perk for having this Nexus 5x. There is already a group of devs working on custom romz so I a sure within 6 months you would be able to run and mod/rom anything out there. True the Nexus 6p will get the same attention, but with a starting price of 379 versus 499 which will people go for that don't have a lot of money to blow. My last point is that this Nexus phone can run on all US carriers. What phone can do this with the price and size of the 5x? The HTC A9, will it doesn't have a CDMA radio so when you get in 3g coverage good bye cell service. I just have to say that I have not been this happy with a phone in a long time, and I have bought and been thru several android phones ever since Android was Android, and none were given to me. I had to pay for every single one with blood, sweat, and hard work. I hope there are some that feel the same way that I do, so that I know that I am not crazy :)

My $.02

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Glad you're enjoying it. I honestly think both phones will get attention from developers since they are Nexus devices. From what I have heard from people on my team -- they enjoy their 5X :).

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I just have to say after reading that the guys/gals at AC were beating down the 5x and saying not to buy it makes me think they have lost their ever loving minds. I don't know if it's because they get the best of the best phones and they always feel you should get the best specs and what not, but I work for a living and cannot afford the latest and greatest phones. My experience with my 5x has been great so far. This phone is the first phone that I have had that the battery has got me thru an entire day. I LOVE THE SIZE. I have small hands and this phone is my sweet spot, not too small like my Moto X Developer edition and not too big like the Note 4 I sold within 5 months because I absolutely hated how big it was. I know that the Nexus 6 and 6p would not be the right size for me. THE PRICE, of course I had to get the 32g size because I ROOT ROM and have a lot of apps so 16gig would not cut it for me. THE FINGER sensor is the best feature in my opinion. I love the placement and the fact that it brings you right into the phone from screen off. I hated my Note 4 being on the front, and you had to turn the phone on first. LG really got this right on Nexus Imprint. Now the criticism; the Ram, the Screen, and the Speakers? Really the screen being an LCD, I have never been able to tell a difference, probably the first difference I ever noticed on an Android phone was going from an Original Motorola Droid to a Samsung Fascinate. Samsung has great screens and you can tell the quality, but honestly the Nexus 5x LCD is perfectly fine for me. As far as going out side and using it I don't really that much so this is not even an issue for me. The Ram, seriously running stock Android with no touchwiz or factory skin, DO you really need all of that extra RAM not doing anything? I have had over 20 apps opened and not one of them closed and I still had 700mb of Ram free. As far as the speakers, if you want a BOSS sound system go by a speaker or a good bluetooth speaker with good quality. I don't use the mic to talk on my phone, I use a LG bluetooth headset, so there again not an issue for me. The Dev Community is probably the BEST perk for having this Nexus 5x. There is already a group of devs working on custom romz so I a sure within 6 months you would be able to run and mod/rom anything out there. True the Nexus 6p will get the same attention, but with a starting price of 379 versus 499 which will people go for that don't have a lot of money to blow. My last point is that this Nexus phone can run on all US carriers. What phone can do this with the price and size of the 5x? The HTC A9, will it doesn't have a CDMA radio so when you get in 3g coverage good bye cell service. I just have to say that I have not been this happy with a phone in a long time, and I have bought and been thru several android phones ever since Android was Android, and none were given to me. I had to pay for every single one with blood, sweat, and hard work. I hope there are some that feel the same way that I do, so that I know that I am not crazy :)

My $.02

Hehe. You may be crazy, but not about the 5x :) I pretty much stand in line with everything that you've said above!

There are a couple of things that I miss coming for Moto X Pure Edition (2015), but certainly the size of the phone is the sweet spot (and THE driving force behind me getting RID of the Pure). That it runs fast, smooth, and can keep up with the big boys for all of the fairly basic things that I do (Gmail, SMS/MMS, some surfing, lots of calendaring, Hangouts, check the weather and read A LOT OF NEWS, Google Play Music, and generally be my conduit to the internet ... no gaming) makes me a very happy camper.

Hearing that Nexus devices several years old can run Marshmallow makes me happy too. I've been on the flagship train for so long that spending $600+ on a phone every year is getting old (either that or I'm getting old). I can't tell you how happy I am that my $400 purchase may be good for 2-3 years into the future :)

Overall, I find very little fault with this 5X and I have zero buyers remorse. :)

neo4uo

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Glad you're enjoying it. I honestly think both phones will get attention from developers since they are Nexus devices. From what I have heard from people on my team -- they enjoy their 5X :).

Glad to hear that it keep me optimistic :)

neo4uo

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Hehe. You may be crazy, but not about the 5x :) I pretty much stand in line with everything that you've said above!

There are a couple of things that I miss coming for Moto X Pure Edition (2015), but certainly the size of the phone is the sweet spot (and THE driving force behind me getting RID of the Pure). That it runs fast, smooth, and can keep up with the big boys for all of the fairly basic things that I do (Gmail, SMS/MMS, some surfing, lots of calendaring, Hangouts, check the weather and read A LOT OF NEWS, Google Play Music, and generally be my conduit to the internet ... no gaming) makes me a very happy camper.

Hearing that Nexus devices several years old can run Marshmallow makes me happy too. I've been on the flagship train for so long that spending $600+ on a phone every year is getting old (either that or I'm getting old). I can't tell you how happy I am that my $400 purchase may be good for 2-3 years into the future :)

Overall, I find very little fault with this 5X and I have zero buyers remorse. :)

I am glad you feel the same :) I just absolutely love mine and can't for the life of me understand why Richard Devine said not to buy it, there again when you get Demos of the best phones you get tunnel vision in my opinion ;)

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
That's the reason I NEVER pay any attention to professional reviews.. Most of them have lost all realistic insight. User reviews are far more important than these so called experts....

Russell Holly also said don't buy it and his reason was that for $70 more you get the 6P.... I do not want a larger phone.. That's the reason to not buy the 5X and to give it a negative review? WOW! All these so called 'experts' have lost touch with reality in my opinion..

Last edited:

neo4uo

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
That's the reason I NEVER pay any attention to professional reviews.. Most of them have lost all realistic insight. User reviews are far more important than these so called experts....

You are so spot on, I guess it's nice to know I am not crazy and there are others that feel like i do!

Josh Burchell

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I have to agree as well. For everyday-joe users as myself all I want is an above average camera and stable yet updated phone for a great price. Best of all worlds without a 600+ price tag.

neo4uo

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree as well. For everyday-joe users as myself all I want is an above average camera and stable yet updated phone for a great price. Best of all worlds without a 600+ price tag.

Average Joe is the point I was trying to get across, thanks Josh

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I get so tired of many of these expert reviews. If it's not a metal or glass back that slips out of your hand then shatters on the ground then according to them it's cheap and unworthy...

The N5X is a fantastic phone regardless of what they say. There opinion means absolutely zero to me as in my opinion their review does nothing more than make me wonder how they achieved 'expert' status in the 1st place...

neo4uo

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I get so tired of many of these expert reviews. If it's not a metal or glass back that slips out of your hand then shatters on the ground then according to them it's cheap and unworthy...

The N5X is a fantastic phone regardless of what they say. There opinion means absolutely zero to me as in my opinion their review does nothing more than make me wonder how they achieved 'expert' status in the 1st place...

Preach it bro, I mean we don't get new phones every week like them. Reviews should be done by average Joes like us ;)

neo4uo

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site

Russell Holly also said don't buy it and his reason was that for $70 more you get the 6P.... I do not want a larger phone.. That's the reason to not buy the 5X and to give it a negative review? WOW! All these so called 'experts' have lost touch with reality in my opinion..

Thank you, because some of us don't sit in an office all day with all kinds of phones. We are at work multi tasking using our phone with one hand and don't want a phablet that's worthless using with one hand. If both phones were given free I would have chosen the 5x for size alone not specs. The specs are good enough for me. :)

darkmanx2g

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
It's weird that Acs favorite phone last year was the moto X 2014. A big part of it is the size. But this year they called the 5x average and meh.

I love mine and knew that I do not want a phablet again. The nexus 6p is huge.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LordNikonX