Hey everyone!

I'm really interested in switching from my iPhone 6 to the 5x but from everything I've read the battery leaves a lot to be desired. I'm a really light user. light to the point that by the time I get home from work at about 5:30 pm it's not uncommon for me to have ~90% battery left. I check twitter, instagram, and do some light news reading. I'm not really familiar with SOT and whatnot so I don't know how that translates to usage. Yesterday for example, my iPhone said I had about 5 hours of usage and 16 hours standby with about 35 percent left when I plugged it in. Again I'm a pretty light user so I don't need the largest battery in the world but one of the most important things to me in a phone is the standby battery life. Having quick charging is a plus though so I suppose I don't need the same level of battery life as the iPhone 6. Anyone else switch from an iPhone? will doze help me maintain battery life based on my usage? Thanks in advance!
    11-17-2015 03:07 PM
    It's 9.20PM in the UK.. My phone came off the charger at 7 this morning and I currently have 68% battery.. I'm a moderate user most days (sounds like more than you.. I keep bluetooth on 24/7 for my watch, and check my phone fairly regularly), I made a couple of calls today but nothing to major.

Id say the battery life is good enough as i never need to be away from a charger for more than a day or two.. and in an emergency i think i could get 3 out of the 5x..
    11-17-2015 03:22 PM
    Hey everyone!

I'm really interested in switching from my iPhone 6 to the 5x but from everything I've read the battery leaves a lot to be desired. I'm a really light user. light to the point that by the time I get home from work at about 5:30 pm it's not uncommon for me to have ~90% battery left. I check twitter, instagram, and do some light news reading. I'm not really familiar with SOT and whatnot so I don't know how that translates to usage. Yesterday for example, my iPhone said I had about 5 hours of usage and 16 hours standby with about 35 percent left when I plugged it in. Again I'm a pretty light user so I don't need the largest battery in the world but one of the most important things to me in a phone is the standby battery life. Having quick charging is a plus though so I suppose I don't need the same level of battery life as the iPhone 6. Anyone else switch from an iPhone? will doze help me maintain battery life based on my usage? Thanks in advance!
    Never used an iPhone but I'm a moderate user, and on work days I may even be a light user since there can be long periods between times when I pick up my device. I think that Doze really shines for folks who use their devices sporadically or "lightly" as "not in use" is when Doze kicks in the most.

Some days I use two phones, and on the days when I'm working harder on one phone than the other, the "Dozing" phone will barely lose any battery life at all. I forgot to plug the less used phone in one night and I picked it up the next morning and it said "3 days remaining!"

I easily get through my day with 60%+ (usually more!) remaining on the battery with moderate usage, WiFi access, and a decent local signal. I'm not a gamer, don't watch many videos while on the go (I have a tablet or a computer for that), and I stream music only during my commute. Don't know if your usage is similar, but if it is, you won't have any worries about getting through your day on a single charge.

I've never understood why folks don't plug in every night, but some do and then hope to get through the next day. To me, I'd rather start my day with a full charge in case weirdness happens because there is nothing worse than having a brick instead of a smartphone when your battery dies on you.
    11-17-2015 03:30 PM
    Wow that's great, thanks for the response! Might just have to pull the trigger then!
    11-17-2015 03:33 PM