I currently have a Moto x play and keep wondering about switching to a nexus. Has anyone used both? How do they compare? I think the 6p is too expensive at the moment (in the UK) and is probably too large so the 5x would be the one.

I'm disappointed by the performance issues on the play hence the main reason for considering the switch. They may be fixed with marshmallow though but at this time that's an unknown.

Interested in any opinions if anyone has used both.

Cheers.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-18-2015 04:32 AM
    The processor on the Nexus 5X is much faster, so I would imagine you would get much better performance.

I have not used the Moto X Play, but I would think based on specs that your experience will be better with the Nexus.

Do the exclusive Moto apps and features mean anything to you? Switching to the Nexus means having a pure Google Android experience, and although I love stock Android some people prefer the extra stuff Motorola adds.

11-20-2015 05:56 PM
    I haven't used the Play, but I did own a Moto X Style / Pure before switching to the 5X and I can tell you that the 5X runs MUCH smoother in terms of animation and scrolling framerates. In terms of actual speed, like the amount of time it takes to open or install an app, the Moto X Pure is probably a touch faster, but to me scrolling and animation smoothness is more important than speed.
    11-21-2015 02:53 PM
    Interesting to hear what you think of the two. I had a 6P and loved it, but swapped it for a Moto X Style as it has the same size screen, good build, Moto features etc. I love the Style, but trouble is, I now miss the fingerprint scanner! Nothing is perfect but I could do a straight swap, Moto X for 5X, for the same money. Given you've done the same swap, are you happy with the 5X compared to the Moto X Style? Any regrets?

11-29-2015 07:14 AM