Added security

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Every so often when I take my phone out of my pocket to unlock via my fingerprint, the phone unlocks but then asks for my swipe pattern for added security. Seems odd.

I know it has you do the swipe pattern after a reboot but I'm not sure why it would randomly ask for a swipe pattern.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I have not experienced that problem, but I have a pin instead of a swipe. Maybe that makes a difference? I will add thought that occasionally my fingerprint will unlock the phone but the lock screen doesn't go away. I will still need to swipe up to get to the launcher.

Posted via the Android Central App

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have not seen this, and like @benhaube, I have a PIN for backup security--not a swipe pattern.

The fingerprint unlock either works or it doesn't (99% of the time it works) for me--I have not had to swipe up to get to the launcher.

BTW, my launcher is Nova Launcher, if that makes any difference.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I have pin and I see this every 2-3 days probably. Wonder if it's related to using smart lock? (which I heavily rely on)

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For a sec i thought that maybe the sensor was being activated while in my pocket. But if I try giving it multiple wrong fingerprints it just times out and gives a different message for swiping. It doesn't say added security.