Weird task names in Battery Usage screen

avazee

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased my Nexus 5x a few days ago and when viewing my battery usage screen (where you can see exactly which apps are taking up battery), some of the items listed there are just showing up as numbers (i.e., 99044, 99037, 99036). Clicking on them to get more details doesn't tell me anything about what they are, what apps these are, etc.

See the attached picture.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Screenshot_20151128-111258.jpg

dirtyjudo

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I see those too. I don't know what they mean but I am trying to lock the system down with the new permissions and see these and don't know what is what. We probably should not over think it. Thanks for asking a great question!

Posted via the Android Central App

porcine

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I get these as well. They're not usage for recently removed apps either because they show up when no changes have been made app wise. Curious more than bothered!

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
The numbers are presumably linux process ids (PIDs). Also, I presume they are low level android system processes. Obviously, this was not a particularly user friendly way for google to do things (those processes should probably just be hidden on the battery screen if google can't be bothered to name them).

psteve2005

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I have seen these on both my 5X and previous 6P. I've never seen these on anything except these two devices so presumably this is a Marshmallow-specific issue?