Why am I getting 505 error when trying to install an app?

A

AC Question

I have a Nexus 5x (2015) running Marshmallow on the Project Fi network.

I had an issue updating Silvercar on my phone and it kept giving me the "505 error." So like any semi-power user I Googled the issue and attempted to fix the problem by clearing various caches (play store, google services, downloads) which did not work. I uninstalled play store repeated the above and did not work. I removed my Google account from the phone, readded it, repeated the above and then restarted... which did not work. I uninstalled the app and then when I tried to install I would again get the 505 error. I even tried wiping the partition cache

Finally I gave up and just did a factory reset. The restoration of my apps went smoothly including being able to install Silvercar... except now my Mixcloud app won't install and I get the same 505 error.

Extremely frustrating situation. Any help?

bayareasteelerfan

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm having similar issues with my Note 5 and my Nexus 6P -- I don't get it. I couldn't install one app on my Note 5, kept getting that same 505 error, so I did a factory reset... after that I was able to install the app, but now another app won't install. And the weird part is that the same app gives me the same error on my Nexus 6P -- I don't know if the problem is Google Play, the app, or my account.

ace8707

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a Nexus 5x (2015) running Marshmallow on the Project Fi network.

I had an issue updating Silvercar on my phone and it kept giving me the "505 error." So like any semi-power user I Googled the issue and attempted to fix the problem by clearing various caches (play store, google services, downloads) which did not work. I uninstalled play store repeated the above and did not work. I removed my Google account from the phone, readded it, repeated the above and then restarted... which did not work. I uninstalled the app and then when I tried to install I would again get the 505 error. I even tried wiping the partition cache

Finally I gave up and just did a factory reset. The restoration of my apps went smoothly including being able to install Silvercar... except now my Mixcloud app won't install and I get the same 505 error.

Extremely frustrating situation. Any help?

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the same problem with mixcloud. I have been unable to update it and have even gone and downloaded an apk outside of the app store to install - still no dice. Super annoying.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital