Anyone else getting lag only when switching apps?

aysiu

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I've seen questions about lag, and I've honestly not seeing it in the places people have been asking about. Web browser scrolling is speedy. Apps behave when I'm in them. No lag on the notification bar. No lag unlocking the phone with a fingerprint. Things are fairly zippy all around.

The only place I've seen lag is switching apps. Anyone else getting that? Homescreen—instant. Within an app—no lag whatsoever.

Once I hit the Recent Apps button, though, it takes an extra second for the list of thumbnails to appear, and then once I select one of the apps from the list of thumbnails, it takes an extra two seconds for the app to come into focus.

Is this just me?

TheDroidKid

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I've seen questions about lag, and I've honestly not seeing it in the places people have been asking about. Web browser scrolling is speedy. Apps behave when I'm in them. No lag on the notification bar. No lag unlocking the phone with a fingerprint. Things are fairly zippy all around.

The only place I've seen lag is switching apps. Anyone else getting that? Homescreen—instant. Within an app—no lag whatsoever.

Once I hit the Recent Apps button, though, it takes an extra second for the list of thumbnails to appear, and then once I select one of the apps from the list of thumbnails, it takes an extra two seconds for the app to come into focus.

Is this just me?

Honestly I was getting all sorts of lag and i didn't listen to anyone when they said wipe your cache partition.

Nexus 5X: How to Wipe the Cache Partition

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I get lag when clicking on an app. From the moment I press it is sort of highlighted then a second or so later it will launch. It's very frustrating.

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
For me it happens when clicking on the home screen. Not the recents screen.

You mean tapping an icon to open an app?

What do you mean by "lag?" When I tap on say the Gmail app, it will open immediately but take almost a second (let's say a "heartbeat") to load the contents of the app. Same for most of my other apps like Chrome or Textra.... I consider this normal.

TheDroidKid

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Is this just me?

Do you have Snapchat installed?

Something is definitely wrong with snapchat and facebook they seem to cause issues with the 5x. especially snapchat

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
You mean tapping an icon to open an app?

What do you mean by "lag?" When I tap on say the Gmail app, it will open immediately but take almost a second (let's say a "heartbeat") to load the contents of the app. Same for most of my other apps like Chrome or Textra.... I consider this normal.

Correct. Tapping on an icon to open an app. I press the icon, it sort of changes shade in color to look highlighted and there is a delay between when I press the icon and the app opening. Not the content coming in.

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Correct. Tapping on an icon to open an app. I press the icon, it sort of changes shade in color to look highlighted and there is a delay between when I press the icon and the app opening. Not the content coming in.

Have you tested in Safe Mode? You can see if the stock apps lag also.... If they do, I'd recommend disabling the auto restore feature in settings>>>backup and reset, and do a factory data reset from the Recovery menu.

If you find NO LAG in safe mode, then you'll want to scrutinize the 3rd party apps.