I've seen questions about lag, and I've honestly not seeing it in the places people have been asking about. Web browser scrolling is speedy. Apps behave when I'm in them. No lag on the notification bar. No lag unlocking the phone with a fingerprint. Things are fairly zippy all around.

The only place I've seen lag is switching apps. Anyone else getting that? Homescreen—instant. Within an app—no lag whatsoever.

Once I hit the Recent Apps button, though, it takes an extra second for the list of thumbnails to appear, and then once I select one of the apps from the list of thumbnails, it takes an extra two seconds for the app to come into focus.

Is this just me?
    12-02-2015 09:41 PM
    I've seen questions about lag, and I've honestly not seeing it in the places people have been asking about. Web browser scrolling is speedy. Apps behave when I'm in them. No lag on the notification bar. No lag unlocking the phone with a fingerprint. Things are fairly zippy all around.

The only place I've seen lag is switching apps. Anyone else getting that? Homescreen—instant. Within an app—no lag whatsoever.

Once I hit the Recent Apps button, though, it takes an extra second for the list of thumbnails to appear, and then once I select one of the apps from the list of thumbnails, it takes an extra two seconds for the app to come into focus.

Is this just me?
    Honestly I was getting all sorts of lag and i didn't listen to anyone when they said wipe your cache partition.

Nexus 5X: How to Wipe the Cache Partition
    joewoo and aysiu like this.
    12-02-2015 09:58 PM
    No lag for me whatsoever in any part of the phone except for an occasional stutter in the camera app.
    12-03-2015 03:56 AM
    I get lag when clicking on an app. From the moment I press it is sort of highlighted then a second or so later it will launch. It's very frustrating.
    12-03-2015 09:19 AM
    I get lag when clicking on an app. From the moment I press it is sort of highlighted then a second or so later it will launch. It's very frustrating.
    Just checked with 4 apps in the Recents screen....response is instantaneous.
    12-03-2015 11:35 AM
    Just checked with 4 apps in the Recents screen....response is instantaneous.
    For me it happens when clicking on the home screen. Not the recents screen.
    12-03-2015 02:47 PM
    For me it happens when clicking on the home screen. Not the recents screen.
    You mean tapping an icon to open an app?

What do you mean by "lag?" When I tap on say the Gmail app, it will open immediately but take almost a second (let's say a "heartbeat") to load the contents of the app. Same for most of my other apps like Chrome or Textra.... I consider this normal.
    12-03-2015 02:52 PM

Is this just me?
    Do you have Snapchat installed?

Something is definitely wrong with snapchat and facebook they seem to cause issues with the 5x. especially snapchat
    12-03-2015 04:30 PM
    You mean tapping an icon to open an app?

What do you mean by "lag?" When I tap on say the Gmail app, it will open immediately but take almost a second (let's say a "heartbeat") to load the contents of the app. Same for most of my other apps like Chrome or Textra.... I consider this normal.
    Correct. Tapping on an icon to open an app. I press the icon, it sort of changes shade in color to look highlighted and there is a delay between when I press the icon and the app opening. Not the content coming in.
    12-03-2015 04:37 PM
    Correct. Tapping on an icon to open an app. I press the icon, it sort of changes shade in color to look highlighted and there is a delay between when I press the icon and the app opening. Not the content coming in.
    Have you tested in Safe Mode? You can see if the stock apps lag also.... If they do, I'd recommend disabling the auto restore feature in settings>>>backup and reset, and do a factory data reset from the Recovery menu.

If you find NO LAG in safe mode, then you'll want to scrutinize the 3rd party apps.
    12-04-2015 07:24 AM