how to charge N5x

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
there has been a lot of discussion about how to charge this phone. That being said can I use a charger for a Moto X 2014, which I think is a 2.1A, with an adapter to convert the micro to a C? I think the 5x charger is a 5v/3A. thanks

Posted via AC app with my N9

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes the charger would work fine, however I recommend getting a cable. Most of the adapters have failed testing.

There is a spreadsheet somewhere that lists all the tested adapters and cables, but I'm not sure of the link.

Posted via the Android Central app on my Nexus 5X with Project Fi

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
thanks for everones help but...im not a technical guy. so....i have a techmatte adapter (which is on the approved list) so can i use this with a standard micro usb charger and cable?

N5x on Fi Network here

drathos

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the Techmatte adapters, but they aren't the updated version. I've been able to use them to charge from my laptop (MBP, charges oh so slowly) and an Anker AstroMini without issue, but neither of them are likely to provide enough juice to cause a problem.

I saw from one of Techmatte's replies to Benson that we can exchange them for the fixed version, but I no longer have the info they refer to for making the return. :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21