11-19-2016 08:03 AM
27 12
tools
    Update: I called Google today and am getting a replacement device. Hopefully this one is ok. If it happens on my new one, i guess its just something the device does and that I'll have to deal with.

So I just got my 5x earlier today, and it seems that after just a little bit of use it gets kinda warm on and around the fingerprint sensor. Anybody else have this too? Or did I get a bad device? Thanks!
    12-12-2015 08:33 PM
    So I just got my 5x earlier today, and it seems that after just a little bit of use it gets kinda warm on and around the fingerprint sensor. Anybody else have this too? Or did I get a bad device? Thanks!
    It may be getting warm because of the use and syncing it's doing in the background. Give it a day or two and see if it's still getting warm and/or displaying warning messages about being too hot. Since you just got it I think it's doing a lot of syncing and updating of apps.

How are you liking the 5X?
    12-12-2015 09:44 PM
    It may be getting warm because of the use and syncing it's doing in the background. Give it a day or two and see if it's still getting warm and/or displaying warning messages about being too hot. Since you just got it I think it's doing a lot of syncing and updating of apps.

How are you liking the 5X?
    Yea that's true. I haven't been getting any warning messages or anything like that. Just a little warmth. I could just be being a little paranoid about it too lol

So far I really like it. Smooth running, good call quality, and a good build quality. I'm also loving the fingerprint sensor. The only "bad" thing other than the little bit of warmth is that it takes quite a bit of pushing to get my headphone jack to got all the way into the phone. It also takes quite a bit of pulling to get it out.
    12-12-2015 09:58 PM
    i have had mine for about a week, and sometimes i notice it gets warm around the fingerprint scanner. i have tried to reproduce it ( playing games etc) but cant. it is pretty random. the first time was really hot. if i remember right, wasnt doing anything crazy with it, but since then is bearable. kinda on the fence if i shud RMA it.

N5x on Fi Network here
    12-13-2015 06:34 AM
    i have had mine for about a week, and sometimes i notice it gets warm around the fingerprint scanner. i have tried to reproduce it ( playing games etc) but cant. it is pretty random. the first time was really hot. if i remember right, wasnt doing anything crazy with it, but since then is bearable. kinda on the fence if i shud RMA it.

N5x on Fi Network here
    I'm on the fence about that too. I think I'm gonna give it a couple of days and then call the Google Store and see if they think I should return it for a new one, or what.
    12-13-2015 09:13 AM
    My fingerprint scanner gets warm after extended use.
    12-13-2015 10:51 AM
    Update: I called Google today and am getting a replacement device. Hopefully this one is ok. If it happens on my new one, i guess its just something the device does and that I'll have to deal with.

I decided not to RMA mine, hasnt done the heating up thing since last post (maybe the phone knew i was talking abt it) so gonna keep it. hope ur new one works well

N5x on Fi Network here
    12-17-2015 08:31 AM
    I decided not to RMA mine, hasnt done the heating up thing since last post (maybe the phone knew i was talking abt it) so gonna keep it. hope ur new one works well

N5x on Fi Network here
    Phones heat up when they work hard...that means
    • when we initially set them up and they have to sync everything (which for some will take hours)
    • when we are doing processor intensive tasks
    • when our signal is weak and the phone uses more power to make and maintain connections

Also, isn't the Qualcomm PMI8994 Power Management IC (see iFixit) right near the fingerprint sensor? Would that be heating up when the phone is working hard?
    12-17-2015 09:09 AM

I just RMA mine as well, did u get ur new one? I don't know if it is just me but, I felt mine wud only heat up on sprint network ( I'm on project fi) T-Mobile and WiFi wud get warm but nothing crazy. sprint was really hot. hoping is a bad CDMA antenna (if that is a real thing) I guess we will see.

Posted via AC app with my N9
    12-24-2015 02:40 PM
    I just RMA mine as well, did u get ur new one? I don't know if it is just me but, I felt mine wud only heat up on sprint network ( I'm on project fi) T-Mobile and WiFi wud get warm but nothing crazy. sprint was really hot. hoping is a bad CDMA antenna (if that is a real thing) I guess we will see.

Posted via AC app with my N9
    Yep, I got mine. It doesn't seem to get as warm as my last one, but it still gets warm. After seeing that, I think it's pretty normal now.
    01-09-2016 08:14 AM
    Yep, I got mine. It doesn't seem to get as warm as my last one, but it still gets warm. After seeing that, I think it's pretty normal now.
    thanks for the update, I have had mine for a week now and much better, gets warm while playing games and that's abt it. last one got hot alot.

N5x on Fi Network here
    01-09-2016 11:57 AM
    I have bought nexus 5x 2days before...I am also facing same problem.... Can u suggest me that shall I proceed for with same one or shall I replace it or is there any other solution.
    I bought it from flipkart
    07-05-2016 10:36 PM
    I have bought nexus 5x 2days before...I am also facing same problem.... Can u suggest me that shall I proceed for with same one or shall I replace it or is there any other solution.
    I bought it from flipkart
    I would use an app that establishes an actual temperature on your phone. What some thing of as hot is warm to others, so dealing with hard numbers would be far more scientific and accurate.

You might also touch base with Google to find out what normal operating temperatures are for the device and then see if your phone's performance falls within normal parameters. If not, then an RMA might be in order.
    07-06-2016 06:59 AM
    can u suggest me that app?
    07-06-2016 07:13 AM
    can u suggest me that app?
    You can try CPU-Z. I've never used it myself but I've read of others who have used it and liked it.
    07-06-2016 07:25 AM
    i have installed, but what may be the normal temperature? to justify weather its acceptable or not? and what u mean RMA?
    07-06-2016 07:53 AM
    i have installed, but what may be the normal temperature? to justify weather its acceptable or not? and what u mean RMA?
    I would have to use Google to find out what is considered "normal temperatures."

RMA is a return merchandise authorization--the RMA is a code that tracks your return.
    07-06-2016 08:06 AM
    Using Google, I found this page which features a discussion of temperature on the 5X.
    07-06-2016 08:16 AM
    Discussion is OK..but my problem not yet solved...
    One more thing I need to ask
    In my phone update status:
    Android system update
    Waiting to download
    This update is 15.7Mb. To continue to download, select a WiFi network
    Via WiFi only until 10 july
    Update size 15.7Mb

This was the status, I have my WiFi network, it s connected also, working fine, but not downloading,
    First update its downloaded around 84mb
    This is 2nd but giving this status
    07-07-2016 10:16 AM
    Discussion is OK..but my problem not yet solved...
    One more thing I need to ask
    In my phone update status:
    Android system update
    Waiting to download
    This update is 15.7Mb. To continue to download, select a WiFi network
    Via WiFi only until 10 july
    Update size 15.7Mb

This was the status, I have my WiFi network, it s connected also, working fine, but not downloading,
    First update its downloaded around 84mb
    This is 2nd but giving this status
    Have you tried turning off mobile data and rebooting?
    07-07-2016 10:30 AM
    yep i did factory reset and turning it on, still problem not yet solved
    07-08-2016 05:09 AM
    My exchange account was killing my battery and heating things up. I deleted it and phone is finally cool.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-09-2016 01:17 PM
    May i know what is exchange account??
    07-11-2016 05:22 AM
    "A Microsoft Exchange account is a work or school email account. The organization that gave you the Exchange email account has an IT department that is running a program named Microsoft Exchange Server. This server provides your email service."
    https://support.office.com/en-us/art...2-83e5c6036793

"Microsoft began developing MAPI (sometimes called Messaging API) not long after IMAP and POP were first developed, although it has uses beyond simple email. Thoroughly comparing IMAP and POP to MAPI is pretty technical, and out of scope for many readers of this article. Simply put, MAPI is a way for applications and email clients to communicate with Microsoft Exchange servers, and is capable of IMAP style syncing of emails, contacts, calendars, and other features, all tied into local email clients or applications."
    Email: What’s the Difference Between POP3, IMAP, and Exchange?
    07-11-2016 06:04 AM
    Finally i was replaced the mobile.............
    But even this is also , not satisfied me to my expectations....i dont know why people are this much excited with google-nexus phones

let us see, how far it satisfies without any issues,,,
    till now its heating but not that much as before.
    07-21-2016 01:40 AM
27 12