I have had my 5x since the beginning of December and I absolutely love the phone, however the biggest weakness is the battery life, even more noticeable since the 6.0.1 update.

Not being a heavy user during the day, mainly the odd email, bit of light browsing, few SMS messages and then when I'm out and about I tend to use the camera, maps and Google Now.

Does anyone else find the battery life weak on their 5x?

There are no rouge apps using heavy battery use and screen is set to adaptive setting.

Seriously considering moving to the 6P purely for the larger battery.
    01-04-2016 06:40 AM
    I've noticed similar, I don't use it at all during the day (can't at work), and it's at 50% after 8.5 hours. My thought is I'm on Fi, and it's confused between Sprint and TMobile. Are you on Fi?
    01-04-2016 06:57 AM
    I have had my 5x since the beginning of December and I absolutely love the phone, however the biggest weakness is the battery life, even more noticeable since the 6.0.1 update.

Not being a heavy user during the day, mainly the odd email, bit of light browsing, few SMS messages and then when I'm out and about I tend to use the camera, maps and Google Now.

Does anyone else find the battery life weak on their 5x?

There are no rouge apps using heavy battery use and screen is set to adaptive setting.

Seriously considering moving to the 6P purely for the larger battery.
    Would you be able/willing to post any battery stats screenshots?

My usage patterns are similar to yours, but I end my day with more than 30% almost all the time. I figure light usage actually helps since Doze will kick in more often....

At work and at home I'm usually connected to WiFi, and I have fairly decent cellular signal for my short 30 min commutes and around town. I've yet to travel with the 5X so I have no stats on outside of my normal day to day use.

I've gone days with no WiFi as well, and had similar battery life (within about 10% variation).

If your fellow AC forum members can't help identify the reason for this battery drain, you may want to keep the idea of a factory data reset in the back of your mind....
    01-04-2016 07:16 AM
    No I'm in the UK on the 3 Network.
    01-04-2016 07:42 AM
    My battery seems to have got suddenly worse (I have the WiFi reporting bug but don't think that's actually it) and I suspect the screen is draining the battery even when off. Doze certainly isn't working and there's no way I could get through a day with light use at the moment.

I've deleted a load of newer apps to see if that helps, switched off ambient display but I'm not holding out much hope.

I refuse to factory reset unless it's absolute last resort.
    01-04-2016 02:02 PM
    My battery seems to have got suddenly worse (I have the WiFi reporting bug but don't think that's actually it) and I suspect the screen is draining the battery even when off. Doze certainly isn't working and there's no way I could get through a day with light use at the moment.

I've deleted a load of newer apps to see if that helps, switched off ambient display but I'm not holding out much hope.

I refuse to factory reset unless it's absolute last resort.

"Suddenly gotten worse" almost always points to a new app or an app update.

How often do you reboot?

Have you tested in safe mode?

Have you tried clearing the cache partition via recovery?

FDR is almost always the last ditch effort scenario, and the best FDR is without any restore feature--manually restore your device if you want a truly fresh start.
    01-04-2016 02:22 PM
    I too am am on 3 in the UK and I find standby time to be very good on my 5X. Strong signal combined with Doze seems to be doing a good job.

In my experience I think the 5X battery life is excellent in standby, but only average when the screen is on. Unless I'm playing Asphalt 8 it always gets me through the day comfortably.

I've now had two 6P and two 5X and, for me, I've settled on the 5X purely for the size. Having had both, twice (!) I've finally decided I'm willing to give up the larger battery and better specs in return for better portability. The 6P was almost perfect for me and if it wasn't so tall I think I would've kept them. I'd say give one a try if you're not sure. They really are both excellent phones.
    01-04-2016 03:38 PM
    For comparison I normally unplug at 7am on a workday so all it does is sit idle most of the day. By 5pm I'm normally on 80% with very light usage.
    01-04-2016 03:40 PM
    Pretty dissatisfied with battery life on the 5X as well and looks like my usage patterns are similar to yours (using a iPhone 6 as comparison and have great reception at work on t mobile USA).

I downloaded a battery monitor app to " force stop " apps after I'm done using them and saw increase in SOT from 30-60 mins. I now get anywhere from 3.5-4.5 SOT. The app I downloaded was battery doctor ( I have no affiliation with that app developer FYI).
    01-04-2016 06:13 PM
    For those who may not know, doze only kicks in when the phone is perfectly still, like on your desk. It will not work in your pocket.
    My phone will go all night only losing around 5% or so if I remember correctly. First night I went off the charger starting at 100% it said I could go 13 more days before it would die...
    Doze is awesome, but you need to know how to use it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-04-2016 07:25 PM
    For those who may not know, doze only kicks in when the phone is perfectly still, like on your desk. It will not work in your pocket.
    My phone will go all night only losing around 5% or so if I remember correctly. First night I went off the charger starting at 100% it said I could go 13 more days before it would die...
    Doze is awesome, but you need to know how to use it.

It's basically like not using the phone at all and leaving it in a state that is not designed to be left in because we are supposed to be using it. To really make good improvements they need to optimize battery life while using.

Posted via my Nexus 5X & T-Mobile Unlimited
    01-04-2016 10:20 PM
    It's basically like not using the phone at all and leaving it in a state that is not designed to be left in because we are supposed to be using it. To really make good improvements they need to optimize battery life while using.

Posted via my Nexus 5X & T-Mobile Unlimited
    Somewhat true... In my case I work at a desk most of the day. By simply changing my habit of keeping my phone in my pocket to putting on the desk, it now enters doze and greatly increases my battery life during the work day...
    This won't help everyone, but those in my situation it does...
    Danny

01-04-2016 11:14 PM
    Somewhat true... In my case I work at a desk most of the day. By simply changing my habit of keeping my phone in my pocket to putting on the desk, it now enters doze and greatly increases my battery life during the work day...
    This won't help everyone, but those in my situation it does...
    Danny

Same. Put it on my desk at work. Go home after 9 hours with about 70% battery left after texting and some personal emailing throughout the day.
    01-05-2016 05:49 AM