Notification LED Goes Off For No Reason

jakob.a.reed

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I love phones with Notification LEDs, so when I got the Moto X two years ago I was a little hesitant. After a while, it ended up not being a problem due to their excellent notification screen "ambient display" preview, or whatever it's called. In fact, it was so great that was hesitant to move back to a phone with a notification LED instead. Of course, technically the Nexus 5X has both ambient display and a notification LED, but let's be honest, the ambient display is pretty much crap. I've been heavily relying on the LED.

So on to my problem... Since a little bit after I enabled the LED, it's been flashing white as if I have a notification when there's literally nothing no notify me about. this happens at least once a day, usually more than that. I find it incredibly distracting, as I already get distracted by NORMAL notifications. Essentially I have to look at my pone twice as often, just to make sure I'm not ignoring someone. It's honestly starting to give me buyer's remorse about paying for this phone upfront and outright.

Has anyone else ran into this issue?

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I love phones with Notification LEDs, so when I got the Moto X two years ago I was a little hesitant. After a while, it ended up not being a problem due to their excellent notification screen "ambient display" preview, or whatever it's called. In fact, it was so great that was hesitant to move back to a phone with a notification LED instead. Of course, technically the Nexus 5X has both ambient display and a notification LED, but let's be honest, the ambient display is pretty much crap. I've been heavily relying on the LED.

So on to my problem... Since a little bit after I enabled the LED, it's been flashing white as if I have a notification when there's literally nothing no notify me about. this happens at least once a day, usually more than that. I find it incredibly distracting, as I already get distracted by NORMAL notifications. Essentially I have to look at my pone twice as often, just to make sure I'm not ignoring someone. It's honestly starting to give me buyer's remorse about paying for this phone upfront and outright.

Has anyone else ran into this issue?

Meaning you have nothing in your notification bar?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks