Nexus 5x Lock Screen Settings Options, Where Are They?

A

AC Question

Nexus 5x Lock Screen Settings

This is my first Nexus phone. Also, I'm new to the 6.x line. I was stuck with an older Galaxy phone on a crappy network and finally got out of contract to make the switch.

I do not see a lot of lock screen options. Just which type of lock to use. Am I missing a settings section somewhere? I'm used to being able to select what is available during lock.

With that, has the roll up panel always been accessible from the lock screen? Are there options to disable access to it? Has it always been possible to change quick settings from it without unlocking the phone? You can turn on/off wifi, cell data, bluetooth, turn on the flashlight, etc without unlocking the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5x Lock Screen Settings

Welcome to Android Central! On vanilla Android, the only customization for the lockscreen is whether or not to show lockscreen notifications. There are no lockscreen widgets as there were with KitKat.

I'd have to check my Zenfone 2 for the Lollipop situation, but being able to access the Quick Settings from the lockscreen has been possible in Marshmallow.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey