Yellow screen issue! Are units still being shipped out with yellow screens or has that been resolved? That would be a total deal breaker for me and I'd rather not have to go through exchange or warranty hassles etc. If it isn't bright white I would hate it.
    Thanks for any help.
    01-21-2016 02:57 PM
    Yellow screen issue! Are units still being shipped out with yellow screens or has that been resolved? That would be a total deal breaker for me and I'd rather not have to go through exchange or warranty hassles etc. If it isn't bright white I would hate it.
    Thanks for any help.
    BestBuy is selling them--perhaps check them out in person?

Personally, I find the screen color a little warmer than my Moto X Pure Edition. But in day to day use, I don't notice that it is since I don't generally put them side by side.

Now some folks have indicated their screens were VERY yellow (haven't heard that in a while) but that was some kind of a flaw....one that I suspect had to do with early production units.
    01-21-2016 03:30 PM
    My 5x is a week old today mine had the yellow screen hue that some phones seemed to have had, I rang Google to advise them of this for which they said it could be something to with the glue from the screen not being dried out properly and to give my phone a few days of use to see if there's any change.

After giving it a few days I think I can see a slight change in colour and the white of the phone getting a little whiter, when compared to my iphone 5s you can clearly see the difference in colour the 5s is white with a trademark blueish hue where my 5x seems whitish/yellow not bright yellow but a really dull yellow.

So I'm going to give it a few more days before I decide to bring it back and swap the 5x for something different or chance getting another 5x with the hope of getting a fresh recently built 5x model.

P.s I do like my nexus 5x BTW solid phone for the price!

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-21-2016 08:51 PM
    I bought mine from Best Buy because I was unsure if I'd like the phone. I haven't heard of this yellow screen issue but I don't have that problem. I bought from BB for the convenience of returning. Check your local store for inventory but I think it may be online only.
    01-22-2016 05:29 AM
    Have you placed your 5x side by side with another phone yet?

01-22-2016 06:47 AM
    Just buy it. If you don't like it you have 14 days to return.

01-22-2016 12:55 PM
    I don't know how widespread a yellow screen issue is, but my Nexus 5x is fine. Just one data point, I know...
    01-22-2016 02:23 PM
    Some of the initial batch had a problem with yellow tinted screens. It has something to do with the glue that holds the glass on. I bought mine the first week it was out and I've had no such issues. It is a little warmer than my Moto X, but also more accurate. It is much closer to sRGB than the Moto X.

Posted via the Android Central app on my Nexus 5X with Project Fi
    libra89 likes this.
    01-22-2016 05:30 PM
    My 5X was fine out of the box. I bought it as a preorder. So I've had it a while.
    02-03-2016 01:26 AM