Google Voice commands start, but then do not complete

endorice

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping someone here has a bright idea.

I have a 5x and enjoy the ability to issue the "OK Google" commands. Unfortunately, about 50% of the time, the Google response starts, but then doesn't complete. Example:

I say - "OK Google . . . . . set a timer for 15 minutes".
Phone responds - "OK . . . . setting a timer for" (cuts off).
The timer screen comes up, but doesn't start. I can manually click the start icon, and then the timer starts.

The same problem occurs with other commands.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I see this. Haven't paid attention enough to figure out if there is a pattern...like if the device was locked when I tried to initiate the command or not....

Equinsu ocha

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I can only remember mine doing it twice since early-mid november and I use ok google often. And it hasn't done it often enough for me to notice a pattern.

Bob Garon

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I also get this all the time. A lot of times it inputs the reminder or calendar appointment that I need, but then when it asks me to confirm it times itself out so I have to manually push the button to confirm it.

Posted via my Nexus 5X & T-Mobile Unlimited

nycdaddio1

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I also have this issue. For example "ok Google send text to" works fine but I can't respond when it asks "would you like to send or change the text" I have to respond by touch. Pretty annoying

Posted via the Android Central App

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I've only had this happen once or twice on my phone, but it seems to be far more common on my Moto 360. It's probably a bug in the Google app you can't do anything about.

Posted via the Android Central app on my Nexus 5X with Project Fi