File Explorer on Nexus 5

kiwi13605

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Ok I have had my Nexus 5x for about a month and it is a great phone.

However I have had to find workarounds for some really simple stuff that seem normal and are already on other Android phones (full keyboard, battery percent, totally crappy widgets etc)

I am not a huge fan of "everything in the cloud" and I want to be able to store files, photo's and non-standard documents on my phone. THIS IS HORRIBLE - I can't find where most apps store their stuff and even when I do the files are ghosted out and I can't do anything with them. Often I want to use a file/photo from one app in another and you can't even browse and find it unless it is a simple photo.

Hoe can I manage/use my files and photo's PLEASAE!! Thank you.

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Use a 3rd party file manager app that has a more robust feature set.

I like OI File Manager myself for its simplicity and small footprint. I'm sure other will weigh in on their favorites....

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I also agree with a third party file explorer. Some of the most popular are FX, Total Commander or Solid (this one is my favourite).

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I like ES File Explorer because it's so robust; however, eaccentsac has hit it: get a file explorer/manager. Does Android OS even have one? IDK. I've always used a third party one: Astro, File Expert, Wifi File Explorer. I tried OI once, and it was okay. Yes, Total Commander and Ghost Commander. Find one you like.

kiwi13605

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
OI File Manager - tried it already - liked it. Good recommendation, Thank you.

It works really well - any suggestions for something that will let me set the size of thumbnails or file previews while I am searching? I know, I am a feature *****...