Clicking when plugging in Nexus 5X?

A

AC Question

I recently got a Nexus 5X, and I love the device. However, when i plug in the usb c to charge my phone, sometimes i hear a slight clicking if the port is moved even the slightest bit up or down. I took a look at both the charger and the port, and it seems that the port could snap or break... it just doesn't feel as solid as a micro-usb and im afraid of breaking it... anyone else have the same problem or is it just me? or am i not plugging it in all the way (it still says it's charging)?

EvilLemon

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
re:

Hi, I'm the person that asked the original question above (i didn't realize i wasn't signed in at the time)
I don't hear the clicking all the time, it's just i notice that the charger is a bit loose compared to micro usb, and it can slightly move left right and sometimes even very slightly up and down... when it does move, sometimes i hear a faint click and im paranoid that im giong to break the piece inside :(
am i not plugging it in all the way? or should i not be as worried about breaking it?

Mitch R.

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
re:

Mine clicks once when the cable is inserted. Tells me that the connection is solid and that I'm in fast charge mode.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
All my phones have made a sort or click noise (usually not loud) when plugging in. It is normal :).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance