Is it safe to have left a nexus 5x charging for about 12 hours straight?

Alliot Hong

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
I was not intending to but I left my Nexus 5x charging and I fell asleep. I woke up around 12 hours later to a full charge. On a regular basis, I would charge my phone about twice per day, one when the battery runs out completely or is about to die, and the other one, an overnight charge for about 7 hours. For the first charge, I would take my phone out at 100% or around 100%. I would then charge my phone for the overnight charge with little to no battery as well. Would the 12 hour charge greatly affected the battery life of my phone?

TheChosenDoge

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
It won't bother the battery to keep plugged in...its more or less a trickle charge at that point where it just keeps it at 100% I have left mine plugged in for sometimes 14 hours cause I will forget it and I haven't noticed anything wrong after a year or so

Phones are getting smarter :D

This link might of interest to you as it details "5 charging myths debunked" just search it on google its an interesting read

aysiu

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
It's perfectly safe to leave your phone charging for 12 hours straight.
On a regular basis, I would charge my phone about twice per day, one when the battery runs out completely or is about to die
It is not, however, safe to keep regularly draining it until the battery is about to run out completely. These aren't nickel cadmium batteries any more.

With lithium polymer, you should do small charges and recharges regularly and only once in a long while (maybe about every month or two) discharge into the single percentages. Regular full drains will kill your long-term battery life.