Why won't my Bluetooth stay off?

zazzarino

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Bluetooth won't stay off

Just got Nexus 5X with Marshmallow. When I turn Bluetooth OFF and wait a few seconds, it turns back on. Why? I can't find any app that does this.

Craigwhite3

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Had the same problem, and it seems to be related to an errant app.

In my case this was the "Automatic" car OBD connected app. My suggestion if you haven't already figured out why your bluetooth won't turn off is to start either uninstalling apps that use bluetooth natively within the app to connect to a bluetooth device (e.g. Fitbit, Jawbone, Automatic, Zubie, etc...).

It seems you can't just restrict the app's permissions to prohibit switching on and off the bluetooth radio...

barotropic

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

In my case this was the "Automatic" car OBD connected app.

Wow, thanks for that, Craig! I've been struggling with battery consumption on my 5X. I noticed that Bluetooth was always at the top of the battery use list, sometimes over 20%. I decided to forgo Bluetooth as an experiment, but within seconds of turning it off, it was back on. As soon as I uninstalled the Automatic app, Bluetooth would stay off when turned off.

I also have Fitbit installed, but it doesn't seem to keep Bluetooth turned on.

Now after I get a day's measure of battery use with Bluetooth off, I'll pair my Zenwatch 2 again to see if it also abuses Bluetooth. I was on the verge of selling the smartwatch, blaming the phone's poor battery endurance on it. Hopefully, I'll be able to enjoy a full day of phone battery while using the watch.

Sent from my T300 Chi using mTalk

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth won't stay off

Automatic does the same for me. I use it, my car BT and Android Wear so it is always on. Sometimes BT in the car struggles so I turn it off on the phone, only to have it turn back on. It was Automatic.

Posted via the Android Central App

barotropic

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Automatic was most of the problem for me. I re-paired my Zen Watch 2, and although it extracts a battery toll on the 5X, at least I can get through the day without an emergency charging session.

Sent from my T300 Chi using mTalk

Ronan Baron

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site

In my case this was the "Automatic" car OBD connected app. My suggestion if you haven't already figured out why your bluetooth won't turn off is to start either uninstalling apps that use bluetooth natively within the app to connect to a bluetooth device (e.g. Fitbit, Jawbone, Automatic, Zubie, etc...).

It seems you can't just restrict the app's permissions to prohibit switching on and off the bluetooth radio...

Tried unchecking permission for Automatic to control Bluetooth. Now my Bluetooth stays off if I want it to be. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Janmart

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site

My cherry mobile flareJs2 .my Bluetooth has not turn off and I will turn off the Bluetooth my cellphone turn off....

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

My cherry mobile flareJs2 .my Bluetooth has not turn off and I will turn off the Bluetooth my cellphone turn off....

Welcome to Android Central! Since this is the Nexus 5X forum, you might want to create a new thread (in either General Help or Ask A Question) for your question.

It's also not entirely clear what you're saying -- do you mean that when you try to turn off Bluetooth, the whole phone shuts down?

lorie00

Feb 28, 2017
Visit site

Also mine. Got a problem with cherry mobile flareJs2.
Whenever i turn off the bluetooth, the phone shuts down and restarts again.
What is the solution of my problem? PLS.[/COLOR]

Jun 24, 2017
Visit site

I also had that problem.The bluetooth of my cherry mobile flare J1s stays on.When I turn it off my phone also turned off.Then when it turned on,the screen touch is not functioning I can't do anything on my phone until the screen turned off but still the bluetooth is on.What could I do?

Jennyfer Sapon

Sep 21, 2017
Visit site

I also had that problem.The bluetooth of my cherry mobile flare J1s stays on.When I turn it off my phone also turned off.Then when it turned on,the screen touch is not functioning I can't do anything on my phone until the screen turned off but still the bluetooth is on.What could I do?

We have the same problem.. Lol mh flare j2s also