how to transfer data contents and contact from nexus 4 16gb to nexus 5x 32gb

A

AC Question

I have nexus 4 16 gb , for 3 years now, and I am about to but nexus 5x 32gb
and I 'd like to know before hand how to transfer complete data from nexus 4 to nexux 5x

thanks,

Benzi

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Since you have a Nexus 4, all of your contacts should be in your Google account (rather than the local Phone account, which Nexus devices don't have). On your computer browser, go to contacts.google.com--if all of your contacts are there, then they will sync automatically with the new 5X once you log in there with your Google account.

All of your Google app data (like Calendar, Google Drive, etc.) should be synced to your Google cloud, and will therefore sync automatically with the new phone. But 3rd party apps may or may not backup data to your Google account--it's usually difficult to tell which ones do. If individual 3rd party app data is important to you, you might consider using Helium to back it up, then restore it to the new phone.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
If you are rooted (both devices) use titanium backup for app settings/data. Otherwise you can try helium but it's pretty flakey honestly.

/sdcard contents can be copied between devices via computer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol