I Just had to share this little tidbit about Google support.
    I purchased my 5x in November. Received it promptly. No "jank". Everything was humming along, just as expected. I couldn't be happier.
    On Friday, after sitting flat on my desk all day, my poor little nexus shut down .
    When I finally got it back up again the battery was at 20%. It kept freezing, shutting down, Boot looping, spinning android circles of death, at one time I even got the DemiGod Crash Handler, made famous by Andrew Martonik. Andy was on his back, chest open, screaming and crying. I could fry an egg with the battery. Short story made long, I finally got to a place where I could do a factory reset. Yeah!
    24hours later...the same thing.
    Back on topic. I got on line with Google support chat. I made it clear that my device is a Nexus 5X and that I had done a factory reset. The support technician wanted to know if I had installed Marshmallow.....WTF? Then he(she) wanted to walk me through a factory reset. I reminded him(her) that I had already done a factory reset . (My phone did a sudden reboot while I was with tech support.)
    Anyhoo, my replacement is on it's way.
    egdonald likes this.
    03-13-2016 04:01 PM
    Oh geez!!! Glad you are getting a replacement!
    03-13-2016 09:01 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Even though it's a Google rep you're talking to, they probably still have a script they have to walk through. At least you were able to reach someone!
    03-13-2016 09:49 PM