just got a Nexus 5X

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello. I just bought and received a Nexus 5X which is my 2nd Nexus device after briefly owning a Samsung Galaxy Nexus so I am wondering what accessories do you all recommend for the 5X?

Posted via the Android Central App

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello. I just bought and received a Nexus 5X which is my 2nd Nexus device after briefly owning a Samsung Galaxy Nexus so I am wondering what accessories do you all recommend for the 5X?

Aside from extra cables/adapters (TechMatte makes decent microUSB to USB-C adapters--be sure to get the 2nd gen ones), I highly recommend a case and screen protector.

I like cases from Diztronic, which cost $10-12 and do a GREAT job of protecting your device.

I know many people prefer their devices "naked," but I prefer my money in my pocket and not spent on repairs for the inevitable phone drop. If your phone survives a drop naked, luck is on your side and you should count your blessings. If not, expect to pony up some $$$ for some phone doctoring.​

I also like the cheap and easy screen protectors from Mr. Shield. They are easy to apply, durable, and cheap to replace (especially since they come in a 3pack).

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Aside from extra cables/adapters (TechMatte makes decent microUSB to USB-C adapters--be sure to get the 2nd gen ones), I highly recommend a case and screen protector.

I like cases from Diztronic, which cost $10-12 and do a GREAT job of protecting your device.

I know many people prefer their devices "naked," but I prefer my money in my pocket and not spent on repairs for the inevitable phone drop. If your phone survives a drop naked, luck is on your side and you should count your blessings. If not, expect to pony up some $$$ for some phone doctoring.​

I also like the cheap and easy screen protectors from Mr. Shield. They are easy to apply, durable, and cheap to replace (especially since they come in a 3pack).

Thanks. If you plug the USB Type C cable to a standard wall adapter will it charge rapidly?

max_vo97

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
@sdwindandsea nope thats wrong. charge my nexus 5 x most of the time with a usb c to usb a cable on an 2.1 amps charger and its also rapid charge, because the wall adapter from the 5x has the same voltage & amps...
But dunno if its the same in europe like in the usa ^^

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
@sdwindandsea nope thats wrong. charge my nexus 5 x most of the time with a usb c to usb a cable on an 2.1 amps charger and its also rapid charge, because the wall adapter from the 5x has the same voltage & amps...
But dunno if its the same in europe like in the usa ^^

This sounds right to me. I would think that the capabilities (or lack thereof) of the wall adapter would be the greatest barrier to rapid charging....

sdwindandsea

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
The google charger is 5V/3A. The USB Type C cable supports that. The USB C to A cable that isn't going to cause problems should only handle a maximum current of 2.4A at 5V

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34