New Nexus 5x

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Just got my Nexus 5x, after using the HTC One A9 for the last few months.

First, I love the feel of the 5x in my hand vs the A9. The polycarbonate body feels sturdy yet light, and easier to grip than a metal body phone. Seriously, why have the manufacturers moved away from phones that are easy to hold without a case?

The screen, I honestly don't see much difference in them. There's probably a difference, but it's so subtle my eyes don't care.

Battery, I haven't had it long enough to even begin to judge, but I'm thinking it's going to be better since it's a bit larger.

Signal strength, again, improved due to the poly body. My A9 would struggle to keep one bar of signal at my desk at work, the 5x is usually at half full on the signal indicator.

So far, I don't see a difference in performance between the two, even with the one gig less of RAM. Probably due to the streamlined version of Android on the 5x. The A9 was usually using 1.9 to 2.3 gigs of its available memory. My highest so far on the 5x is 1.3.

Plus, no carrier bloat, and unlocked goodness!

Posted via the Android Central App

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Just got my Nexus 5x, after using the HTC One A9 for the last few months.

First, I love the feel of the 5x in my hand vs the A9. The polycarbonate body feels sturdy yet light, and easier to grip than a metal body phone. Seriously, why have the manufacturers moved away from phones that are easy to hold without a case?

The screen, I honestly don't see much difference in them. There's probably a difference, but it's so subtle my eyes don't care.

Battery, I haven't had it long enough to even begin to judge, but I'm thinking it's going to be better since it's a bit larger.

Signal strength, again, improved due to the poly body. My A9 would struggle to keep one bar of signal at my desk at work, the 5x is usually at half full on the signal indicator.

So far, I don't see a difference in performance between the two, even with the one gig less of RAM. Probably due to the streamlined version of Android on the 5x. The A9 was usually using 1.9 to 2.3 gigs of its available memory. My highest so far on the 5x is 1.3.

Plus, no carrier bloat, and unlocked goodness!

Congrats. I just switched from a Note 5 to a 5X.I got fed up with waiting months for the Marshmallow update for the Note 5 along with the lag and bloatware.

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
On the initial set up, I had to mess with it a bit since the open wifi at my work is a hidden network, but I was able to get the 5x running with my At&t SIM. Then I set up the wifi, and popped in my Fi SIM, and it went and loaded up the March update right away. I'm primarily going to be using it on At&t, but I'm going to try out Fi as well.

Just a side note, the carbon finish matches the LG G watch quite well, but that only makes sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox