Hi All,

Just installed this on my phone this afternoon. Haven't noticed anything yet to be concerned about but I hardly have much to compare with as I just got my phone on the 1st!

Wondering if I could hear some observations from other longer-term-ish users. I'm certainly hoping there's some fixes for the camera in messenger app funkiness and battery drain issues that I've noticed in my short time owning this device.

TIA!
    04-06-2016 08:10 PM
    I'll tell you this, on the March update, there was a 300ms or so delay after hitting the shutter button before it actually took the pic... Now it's instant.

Performance and battery life are some of those things that takes several days to judge. So far so good...
    Laura Knotek, egdonald and libra89 like this.
    04-09-2016 08:03 PM
    No update here. Still on March.
    04-10-2016 10:08 AM
    Seems a little more stable, my issues that are Fi related still need some work, but those are likely related to signal control.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-10-2016 10:20 AM
    I'll tell you this, on the March update, there was a 300ms or so delay after hitting the shutter button before it actually took the pic... Now it's instant.

Performance and battery life are some of those things that takes several days to judge. So far so good...
    Funny you mention the stock Google camera app... A few days ago when trying to take a time-sensitive photo the camera so started flashing on me and freezing. Had to restart the app a few times before the ivory actually took -so whatever the March update was supposed to fix, maybe didn't take care of the possible fluke I had encountered.
    04-11-2016 01:52 AM
    Funny you mention the stock Google camera app... A few days ago when trying to take a time-sensitive photo the camera so started flashing on me and freezing. Had to restart the app a few times before the ivory actually took -so whatever the March update was supposed to fix, maybe didn't take care of the possible fluke I had encountered.
    Oh, I haven't run into anything like that... What I was referring to was a systemic, constant delay that occurred each and every time I took a picture... a delay that had nothing to do with the camera hardware itself (a 3rd party worked fine). Sounds like you had a problem with the app connecting to the camera daemon...

There is probably some more tweaking left to be done. But the problems are becoming fewer and farther between.
    04-11-2016 08:48 AM
    Yeah, even though this was supposed to be primarily a security update, I also noticed an improvement to shutter speed.
    04-11-2016 07:21 PM
    In the past I have been able to download the security updates over cellular data, but the March and now April security updates have been download by wifi only. Is there a way to get the security updates to download by cellular data again?

I have not noticed any differences in the phones operation with the April security update yet but I was not having any issues previously either.

Thanks.
    04-12-2016 08:53 AM
    Likewise I was getting updates OTA. Now they are WiFi only. I haven't found an explanation.
    04-12-2016 11:12 AM
    Same situation here - doing OS updates OTA can have problems - so maybe Google made the decision to avoid potential issues.

Nexus 5X on AT&T - Posted via the Android Central App
    04-12-2016 01:36 PM
    Allow me to clarify. Message says WiFi only until April 15th.
    04-12-2016 04:50 PM
    Yeah, even though this was supposed to be primarily a security update, I also noticed an improvement to shutter speed.
    New kernel with the update. That might be whats helping the camera api.
    04-13-2016 02:54 PM