5X battery life and high accuracy mode

psteve2005

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Just wanted to do a quick poll - I've almost always left my phones on high accuracy as I'm lazy, but know I should change it to battery saving.

I've started to use Google Fit for activity tracking and it has an option to put the phone into high accuracy for workouts only, however, as far as I can tell once it puts it into high accuracy mode it stays there...

Does anyone else religiously ensure their battery mode stays on battery saving, or anything other than high accuracy, and do you see a noticeable difference in your battery life by doing so?

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to do a quick poll - I've almost always left my phones on high accuracy as I'm lazy, but know I should change it to battery saving.

I've started to use Google Fit for activity tracking and it has an option to put the phone into high accuracy for workouts only, however, as far as I can tell once it puts it into high accuracy mode it stays there...

Does anyone else religiously ensure their battery mode stays on battery saving, or anything other than high accuracy, and do you see a noticeable difference in your battery life by doing so?

I ALWAYS use high accuracy. No issues w battery. I'm sure though that battery impact depends on which apps are hitting up the GPS and how often....

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well... the only time you'll see a difference between Battery Saving and High Accuracy modes is when an application or function polls for precise location, which under 'High Accuracy' mode means polling GPS. This was a much more significant problem a little while back as app developers were indiscriminately polling for precise location when they really didn't need to be so precise. Over time, location polling best practices have been more widely practiced and GPS power consumption has declined do to various software and hardware advancements. So there is a less of a need to switch to Battery Saving mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36