project-Fi Nexus 5X activated on Verizon

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
My daughter joined project-Fi a few weeks ago and then cancelled. To say the performance and coverage was horrible is an understatement.

So she kept the phone and activated it on Verizon but it still has all the project-fi apps and such and I'm unsure about how she will get updates now.

Anyone done this before, what are my options to get plain Android on the phone?

Thanks
Bill

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
My daughter joined project-Fi a few weeks ago and then cancelled. To say the performance and coverage was horrible is an understatement.

So she kept the phone and activated it on Verizon but it still has all the project-fi apps and such and I'm unsure about how she will get updates now.

Anyone done this before, what are my options to get plain Android on the phone?

Thanks
Bill
I had the same thing happen when I tried out fi. Some of the fi settings will remain until you do a factory reset, but it doesn't effect anything.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Would love to know because it worked Awesome in Cleveland Ohio area.
I didn't have great luck in Grand Rapids MI. T-mobile wouldn't do voice and data for some reason and obviously on the sprint towers it can't. Plus I get reimbursed for my phone from work so... Verizon wins.

Eurosid

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I've had Fi for a month in MI. Mostly in the Ann Arbor to Dearborn areas. It's been perfect. The plan was to move it to Verizon if Fi didn't work out. So far, so good.