Android Background

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm fairly new to phones and Android. When I started I wasted a lot of time trying to sync my phone and my desktop for email, contacts, and calendar using MS Outlook on my desktop. I tried Outlook on my phone and that was, in my opinion, miserable and didn't work anyway.

So, my email syncs now, sort of, my contacts and calendar don't.

My question is, can those with more experience recommend readings that would help me grasp some of the concepts and logic behind Android. I get the impression that it's built in modules and sometimes there are conflicts and sometimes there are redundancies.

Suggested readings will be appreciated.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, Libra, but my Outlook is computer-based and not hosted by Microsoft. I have also installed the Google calendar on my desktop computer and it syncs. To be honest, since getting the Nexus I've virtually quit using my desktop-based calendar and just keep my calendar on the phone.

I got a new email account, IMAP, and I think when I'm able to discontinue my old POP3 account my emails will sync okay. I'm getting close with that.

That just leaves my contacts hanging in the air. Since I do most of my email on the desktop I would like contacts to sync. You gave me a new option and I'll think about it.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Maher, I have a GMail account. When I got my Nexus 5x I restored all my information by importing from Google. However, as I add contact information to my phone, which is where I most often add new contacts, nothing syncs with my contacts in MS Outlook 2013.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Maher, I have a GMail account. When I got my Nexus 5x I restored all my information by importing from Google. However, as I add contact information to my phone, which is where I most often add new contacts, nothing syncs with my contacts in MS Outlook 2013.

Sorry, I don't use MS Outlook except as a work email. May be a Windows phone is more fitting to you if you are dependent on windows ecosystem?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1