Nexus 5X - Shortcuts automatically create a new homepage

A

AC Question

Hey guys

I have a nice new Nexus 5X, looks great and am really happy with it.

However I have a small issue with it.

I tend to only have a single homepage with shortcuts and folders but everytime I install a new app from the store the shortcut is appearing on a brand new homepage, this is annoying me!

Anyone any ideas to get the shortcuts to appear on the homepage?

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
The screen you're using now, may not actually be the default home screen . Download a new app and let the short cut install on the new screen. Go back to your original home screen and long press it. All of your screens should show up. Long press on the screen that has the new app installed on it and make that your new home screen. Move all of your apps and everything to that new screen and see if that will stay as you default home screen. Then you can delete the screen you're not using.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Then they wouldn't have the shortcut on any screen and would have to add it from the app drawer evey time, if they have an app drawer.
Right. Android has an app drawer so all apps aren't dumped onto the home screen. Then one can add and remove them at their leisure
That setting in the store when switched on will always put it on a new screen even if there's room on the main one

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Not all Android phone have app drawers.
My new apps do not get put on a new screen, they get put on my home screen because that the way I have it set up.
I was trying to help the OP setup their phone the way they wanted.