Good enough phone to hold over till next Nexus phones?

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I currently have an HTC 10. I love it. However I feel I can use a Nexus 5X to hold me over until the next Nexus line comes out. I had a 6P and absolutely loved it but the size began to get to me. I have people interested in buying my 10 for 430-450 range, so to save money I debated to pick up the 5X and sell my 10.

Can I have anyone's opinion? How has the device been working with recent updates or even with the latest N build.

Thanks for any input.

Posted via the Android Central App

Zeenon

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Hey There,
I am working in a company where most of my colleagues got the new nexus 5x since i work in the IT Department i took a look at one of them.
It's the beast of mid ranged phones. The camera is simple and great, laser focus is faster than ever. Stock android is the key to his fast response in everyday usage. So far so good with all of the devices. Hope my answered helped you. If you have any questions post them in the thread or PM me i will be more than happy to answer :)
Regards;
Zeenon

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I currently have an HTC 10. I love it. However I feel I can use a Nexus 5X to hold me over until the next Nexus line comes out. I had a 6P and absolutely loved it but the size began to get to me. I have people interested in buying my 10 for 430-450 range, so to save money I debated to pick up the 5X and sell my 10.

Can I have anyone's opinion? How has the device been working with recent updates or even with the latest N build.

Thanks for any input.

Are you expecting the value of your HTC 10 to drop $200 when the new Nexus phones hit?

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Are you expecting the value of your HTC 10 to drop $200 when the new Nexus phones hit?

I just don't want to lose money on it. I got a great deal buying it brand new unopened for 400 and I now have people interested in it for a 430-450 price range, so I figured I could take the small profit and use the 5X to hold me over.

I do feel like the 10 could take a little dive in price since HTC is making the next Nexus line.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I sold my 6p yesterday and kept my 5x to use for the next few months until the next Nexus. Have had 5x for 3 months and it gets the job done. I have had 6p since it came out. Amazing device, but I always sell my main driver few months before next cycle so I can get top dollars for it. Now I sit and wait :)

vVick3d

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I just don't want to lose money on it. I got a great deal buying it brand new unopened for 400 and I now have people interested in it for a 430-450 price range, so I figured I could take the small profit and use the 5X to hold me over.

I do feel like the 10 could take a little dive in price since HTC is making the next Nexus line.

This is very smart, especially since you got a great deal! The nexus 5x is more than capable for daily use. It's not the perfect phone but for such a low price its a great choice to hold you over.

Here is my summary of the main features being a daily 5x user for months and on many travel trips.

- Latest software is great
- Camera is not the fastest but it takes great photos in all situations.
- Only has one speaker but it's front facing so no cupping the damn phone to hear stuff
- Very little lag for this price point (and if you do get any a restart quickly fixes it)
- Battery life is decent but if you are a heavy user it has quick charging to help you out.
- Fingerprint sensor works flawlessly and fast.
- Screen is one of the best LCD out there. Not QHD but extremely good color accuracy, usable outdoors, and a great DPI for lots of info on the screen

Hopefully that covers the major points but if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to those who gave feedback.

Just placed my order for a 32gb white 5X off Amazon. With my discount it came to 256 so I don't think thats a bad price at all. I'm really looking forward to getting it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital