Messenger not working

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Your statement of the problem is unclear but I send and receive text messages on Google Messenger with no "special apps."

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Have you always had this issue with your current set-up? Have you tried a cache wipe? Another app such as Hangouts?

enigma1944

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Yes this is a common issue since I bought the phone because I never used the messenger I never did a cache wipe. I do not have hangouts

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I believe it's on Crickets side. Can you have them check? It sounds like your account isn't set up properly. You can get Hangouts from the Google app store.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
What is unclear???? I can receive but not send messages. Good English in the USA

I wasn't criticizing your English. Perhaps your logic. Sending a message has steps. Do you get a keyboard. so you can type a message? Do you have the symbol to send? When you send does it go? When it goes does it give you a message saying it wasn't sent and your should try again? Or do you send it but the recipient never recieves it?

I've had messages I sent that tried and then said something like, "Message not sent, retry." It was never a problem with my Nexus 5x, any "special apps", or my settings. It has been my carrier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton