Nexus 5X Price Drop with Pixel Debut?

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I want to by a 5x but i keep thinking that there will be a price reduction due to the debut of the pixel phone. But,so far Google Play is out of stock of the $349 16g.

Anyone heard if Google will bring the 16g back into stock with a reduced price due to the debut of the Pixel on 10/4? :cool:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there will be one on Google's site directly, but there's a good chance you'll see a price drop on Amazon, etc.

ca_steve

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't recommend getting a 16GB phone. The OS takes up ~7GB, my apps use 5GB, leaving 4GB for data. Any music, videos and photos will consume that pretty quickly.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't recommend getting a 16GB phone. The OS takes up ~7GB, my apps use 5GB, leaving 4GB for data. Any music, videos and photos will consume that pretty quickly.

It really depends on your usage. I bought a 16gb Nexus 5x on May 2nd. I have 7gb unused. I have no games on my phone and I download pictures to my PC a couple of times a week. I'll be going to the coast of Mexico in January for two weeks and will be away from my PC so I'll take all my thumb drives to store photos till I return home and can edit them with Lightroom.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I got a new 32 GB 5x from Amazon a couple months ago for $265. Price went back up a bit but you could get a really good deal if you wait until December.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
When buying from amazon or eBay, beware of "international models" . These will only work on T-mobile or another gsm network but not on cdma. . If you have project fi or you want a verizon phone, you must get the north American model. These will work on ANY network. Right now google has the 32 gig 5x phone for 249.00 if you activate fi. Im a verizon customer but wanted to try project fi. So i got the 32 gb 5x,and ordered the fi service with 1 gb data to try. So far its been awesome. Im actually getting better reception than my S7 edge on Verizon in some areas. Oh and customer service is 2nd to none. Even verizon.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
called google yesterday asking about the out of stock status of the 16g on play and whether there'd be a discounted price due to the pixel debut. In oh so many words he couldn't answer either question. At the sametime people seem to be dumping 5xs on places like swappa