cant change lockscreen wallpaper with nova launcher installed? help

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Custom launchers, such as Nova, don't have control over the lock screen, only home screens and app drawer. Also, being a Nexus you can't have a different wallpaper for the lock screen, unless you root I guess.

Nastybloodlust

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Custom launchers, such as Nova, don't have control over the lock screen, only home screens and app drawer. Also, being a Nexus you can't have a different wallpaper for the lock screen, unless you root I guess.

Nexus can have diffrent wallpaper for the lock screen. Works on mine atleast :eek:

tspeice87

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem . I recently changed my wallpaper, changed it again and the first one stuck as the lock screen wallpaper. I can't figure out how to change it to anything else.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Here's how to change lock screen wallpaper using nova launcher

Long press empty space and choose wallpaper
Choose apps and themes
Choose google now launcher
Choose wallpaper and hit set
Should ask you in a dialog box lock screen, home screen or both

ckshowtime

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Here's how to change lock screen wallpaper using nova launcher

Long press empty space and choose wallpaper
Choose apps and themes
Choose google now launcher
Choose wallpaper and hit set
Should ask you in a dialog box lock screen, home screen or both

I tried this on my AT&T LG G4 but it doesnt give me the option for both. And the wallpaper I am using is from a Cobalt Icon pack so it doesnt show up when I go to my gallery app.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I tried this on my AT&T LG G4 but it doesnt give me the option for both. And the wallpaper I am using is from a Cobalt Icon pack so it doesnt show up when I go to my gallery app.
That's because this is a thread in the Nexus 5x forum, and the subject matter involves Android nougat, neither of which criteria your g4 meet.