This a great phone despite what some have to say.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I picked up a used in mint shape 5X on Swappa as a temporary device while waiting for my LG G5 to be repaired. I probably won't be keeping once I get my G5 back because I will also be buying the V20 and don't need three phones. I was somewhat remorseful after I paid my money cuz I started reading about bad reviews for this phone. I truthfully couldn't be happier this phone is a keeper even if it's not flagship. I have experienced no lag and actually enjoy using this phone despite its limited RAM and despite having an older processor compared to what I'm used to in the G5. I think anyone who buys this as their only phone is getting a great deal especially if they look the used Market because there were some really good deals out there. Truthfully even if you paid retail for this phone, it's still a good deal. I did not run this phone on marshmallow because nougat was already out and I tell you I'm impressed with both the battery life and how fast this phone is without any noticeable lag as far as I can tell. Probably if I had it side-by-side with my G5 I might notice the difference but like I said before I'm impressed. Ironically this is actually an LG anyway so it's in the same family.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have been using one for a month or so now. I returned my Note 7 due to the recall and have been waiting on the V20 (but also going to take a peek at the Pixel XL to see). I don't have any major complaints but it just isn't for me. The screen size is my major complaint simply because I like bigger screens.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
The 5x is definitely one of the better midrange phones. I saw a really good deal for a new 32 GB 5x on Amazon and decided to buy it as a backup for my N6. Ended up using the 5x as daily driver for the convenience of FPS and being more pocketable than the N6. Just wish the 5x had a 64 GB option, dual front speakers and wireless charging.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have been using one for a month or so now. I returned my Note 7 due to the recall and have been waiting on the V20 (but also going to take a peek at the Pixel XL to see). I don't have any major complaints but it just isn't for me. The screen size is my major complaint simply because I like bigger screens.

Agreed....screen size is a bit small.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations we have gone from
4 is too big - 2010
4.3 is too big - 2011
4.7 is too big - 2012
5 is too big - 2013
5.2 is too big - 2014
5.2 is perfect - 2015
5.2 is bit small - 2016
and if we continue this way
5.5 is bit small - 2017
5.7 is bit small - 2018
6 is bit small - 2019
6.5 is bit small - 2020
😂

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Picked up a near new 5x on swappa to replace a no longer supported 2nd gen moto x. really like the smoothness of pure android.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I also prefer larger screens, and the 6P satisfies me fine. I will say that I like the 5X too. In particular, the 5X is very light. For me, its the weight and balance of the 6P that makes it more difficult to manipulate one handed vs the size.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had a 5x for about a month and I am still happy with it. I updated to Nougat straight away and really have no complaints. Especially for what I paid. I was using a Maxx 2 previous to the 5X (and I still like that phone too) the 5X's fingerprint sensor and the improved performance seal the deal.

I also was ready to go the unlocked route and take Verizon out of security patch/update loop. The 5X has convinced me that this is indeed the way to go.

aysiu

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm a little confused on the complaints about the screen being too small. The 6p is in almost every way a superior phone. The only reason I went with the 5x was because the 6p screen is too huge for me (even the 5x was too big for me, but there's no smaller new Nexus to get).

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little confused on the complaints about the screen being too small. The 6p is in almost every way a superior phone. The only reason I went with the 5x was because the 6p screen is too huge for me (even the 5x was too big for me, but there's no smaller new Nexus to get).
No doubt. The Nexus 4 is the largest phone I'm comfortable with. I have so much more trouble typing on the 5X, because the larger screen spreads out the keyboard too far for me, resulting in way more typos.

aysiu

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
No doubt. The Nexus 4 is the largest phone I'm comfortable with. I have so much more trouble typing on the 5X, because the larger screen spreads out the keyboard too far for me, resulting in way more typos.
I take public transit and don't always get a seat on the bus, so having a one-handed-use phone is a bonus. Unfortunately even with the 5x being smaller than the 6p, sometimes I have to use two hands or do a weird awkward finger stretch.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm a little confused on the complaints about the screen being too small.

Well... everyone has different likes and dislikes. I mean, it's not like my boy up there had a choice, the 5X is a loaner because his Note 7... well.. we won't get into that mess. It all depends on what you are used to. My current phone is a 6P and my previous was a Nexus 6... I also have a 5X and while I enjoy using it, I really prefer the larger size of the 6P... a 5.2" screen feels a little cramped for my liking.

That being said, I would have no qualms with using the phone if need be... I pop my SIM in it from time to time to get it a little bit of work.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
And, I have a 5x and would love having a larger screen if I could hire someone to carry it for me. I wear my phone in a holster on my belt and don't want a phone bigger than my Nexus 5x.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm